Looking for a Board Certified Pathologist (with Dermatology reading experience) or Dermatopathologist with 2-5 years experience or more to join our well established, hospital employed, general pathology practice. Cytopathology fellowship is preferred but not required. This is a full time position, joining Dr. Vincent Randaisi, D.O., call coverage is 1:2.
- Option #1: Base salary of $335,570 (50%tile MGMA for those just completing training) with additional compensation for experience, guaranteed for 2 years. Can be switched to a wRVU production contract when exceeding target.
- Option #2: Base salary of $403,670* (75%tile MGMA) guaranteed for one year and then switched to a wRVU production contract.
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation: 4 weeks plus holidays/sick days (29 PTO days). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,500 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,500 year before taxes under age 50 and $24,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: provider pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- Sign on Bonus: 15% of base salary up to $100,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2 years)
- Residency Stipend: up to $25,000 (requires up to 2 year service commitment)
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- 1805 27th Street Portsmouth, OH 45662
- CAP accredited
Office Hours/Work Schedule
- 8:00am 4:00pm Monday Friday, Every other Saturday
Call Schedule/CERP (if applicable)
- 1:2 call, 26 weeks/year (typically every other week); 7 days on / 7 days off, 24 hour call
- Most call is handled over the telephone, 1-2 calls/night on average, usually for blood bank purposes/critical value related
- Very rare to return to hospital, but must be located within 20 minutes of hospital for cases coming from OR
- 3 Histotechs, 2 Tech Assistants, 2 Cytotechnologists, Department Manager, Administrative Director
- Approximately 9,500-10,000 surgical cases per year
- Approximately 1,000-1,500 non-GYN Cytology cases per year
- Approximately 7,000 GYN cases per year
- Cases are heavy in Derm, Breast, GI
- No autopsies, bone marrows, neuro, pediatric, Minimal hematopathology
- Meditech and Dragon Medical One
- Ability to sustain & maintain satisfactory turnaround time
- Assimilate to SOMC Culture
- Work well with team and staff
Click here to learn more about SOMC: http://www.somc.org/
Click to learn more about the community: http://www.somc.org/about/portsmouth.php
Video: Community Video
Hospital Beds: 248 staffed | Service Area: over 250,000 | Not-for-profit established 1966 | Employs: over 3,000 | Medical Staff: 250
Teaching opportunities: SOMC has Medical Students, Residents, and Advanced Practitioner trainees. Staff are eligible for Clinical Adjunct Faculty status with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
All employment is contingent upon passing the post-offer physical examination, drug and nicotine test, and criminal background investigation.