Medical Director of Occupational Medicine
Medical Director of Occupational Medicine
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 25+ locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 55 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging, and diagnostics, 16 on-site Kelsey Pharmacy locations, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for three consecutive years and is the only 5-out-of-5-star rated plan in Texas.
Pathway to Partnership
Unlike other organizations, Kelsey-Seybold physicians have the opportunity for ownership in the Medical Group, as well as in The Kelsey-Seybold Management Company. The ownership path is clear and straightforward. A Kelsey-Seybold Physician is typically eligible for ownership after three years of employment, board certification, and demonstrated good citizenship. The result is an extraordinary, broad-based, and diverse physician-led organization.
When you join Kelsey-Seybold, you become part of an established, physician-owned, and led multispecialty group practice with a 70-year legacy of caring for patients.
- 72 physicians hold leadership positions
- 56% of our physicians are shareholders
- The average physician tenure is 11 years
- Physician-led board of managers
- A defined path to partnership
The Medical Director in the Department of Occupational Medicine at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is responsible for directing the Occupational Health Program (OHP) at multiple corporate clinic sites and for occupational medicine services in Kelsey-Seybold clinical locations and mobile clinic vans. Provides leadership in occupational health policy, programs, and issues, including medical standards for employment. Incumbents in this position are licensed physicians that direct the programs and activities of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Develops or assists in the development and updating of occupational health policies and procedures consistent with applicable legal mandates, best community medical practice, and guidelines, as well as organizational missions and goals.
- Plans and directs the medical programs/activities of the OHP including the establishment, improvement, or revision of medical examination protocols, questionnaires, and examination review and procedures, and directly participates as a clinic physician in these duties.
- Directs the establishment, improvement or revision of medical standards for employment, pre-placement, and fitness for duty examinations.
- Supervision and oversight of Advanced Practice Clinicians (APC) at multiple corporate locations and Kelsey-Seybold clinic sites
- Performs the more difficult evaluations and reviews the work and recommendations of the APCs, and related work performed for the organization in accordance with best medical practice and applicable laws.
- Performs the duties of a Senior Physician as needed.
- Assists in other administrative activities such as maintenance of a database of ongoing monitoring of employees – medical surveillance programs and holding safety meetings.
- Compliance with OSHA policies in the workplace including ongoing health checks of employees.
- Development/interaction with Sr. Management on Short Term Disability (STD)/Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Limited Work Programs.
- Participation in wellness committees.
- Related activities and other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience as a physician working with an oil and gas or chemical company in structuring and overseeing occupational health programs is required
- Medical administrative experience in planning, organizing, developing, staffing, and directing the programs and activities of a medical organization is required
- Emergency Response experience is required
- Medical surveillance & exposure experience needed
- Performs direct patient care in the outpatient setting as needed within the standards of the Kelsey-Seybold Department of Family Medicine or Internal Medicine IS A PLUS
License And Certification:
- Board Certified, General Preventive Medicine
- BC Occupational Medicine
- Medical Review Officer (MRO)
- Unrestricted license or ability to be licensed in the States of Texas, Louisiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Ohio
Apply directly online: https://kelsey-seyboldproviders.com/job/medical-director-of-occupational-medicine/
Practicing Medicine at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and subspecialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Heart Institute.
Benefits and Compensation:
Our compensation is productivity-based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid time off, medical professional liability, and much more.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Low cost of living
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records (EPIC)
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
Apply for Medical Director of Occupational Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly