Seeking Chief of Imagining Services
Outstanding Opportunity – State of the Art Facility - Competitive Recruitment Incentives and Federal/VA Benefits
The Central Virginia Health Care System (CV-VAHCS) is recruiting for a full-time Radiologist -Chief of Imaging located at the Richmond, Virginia VA Medical Center in Richmond, Virginia.
The Chief of the Imaging Service Line is responsible for the overall management, planning, organization, direction, and control of all programs within the department. The candidate has the opportunity to lead the fiscal oversight, patient satisfaction, patient care delivery, and appropriate interface with all other services of the CV-VAHCS VA Health Care System.
The Chief of Imaging position comes with both clinical (25%) and administrative (75%) roles. Some major duties of the position are:
- Supervises on-board personnel, evaluates prospective new hires, oversees compliance with all applicable regulations, addressing patient complaints, credentialing and peer-review issues, and inquiries and investigations from Congress, the White House, VA Central Office, and national investigative bodies.
- Participates as a member and/or leader of Imaging and facility-wide committees responsible for peer review, accreditation, and systems redesign, and quality improvement projects.
- Provides direct patient care in his/her specialty area approximately 20-25% of the time which includes, evaluating and prioritizing radiology orders, ordering and evaluating appropriate laboratory studies, protocoling, and approving complex imaging exams, notifying providers of critical imaging results.
- May function as a part-time educator for medical and other health care trainees including students, resident physicians, and fellows as part of the member's duties as a member of the department.
- Fosters an environment of mutual respect and free communication and promotes a culture of safety in which individuals will feel free to point out problems and deficiencies without fear of retaliation.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Monday to Friday); Telework: Negotiable - May be offered to highly qualified applicants.
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Recruitment Incentives: This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program
U.S. Citizenship, a full, active, and unrestricted U.S. medical license, and BC Radiologist required.
Wander through Richmond and discover the magic of a city known as ‘The River City.’ If you hear Virginia as a twangy banjo riff, then think of Richmond as a grooving bassline. Planted between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the state’s coastline, it appears in tune with its reputation as a polished, modern city with deep ties to American history. But inside its preserved buildings, along the James River, and within its charming neighborhoods, you’ll find the offbeat side of Richmond. Attracting new—and increasingly young—residents, Virginia’s capital now resonates with innovative entrepreneurs, hospitality heavyweights, and culture creators.
VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.). For more info, click: Physicians At VA
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off 49-54 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 10 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 days paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting.
Apply for Seeking Chief of Imagining Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly