New York City Health & Hospital/Elmhurst, a primary teaching affiliate of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, seeks a fulltime Palliative Medicine physician to join its Palliative Care team.
Elmhurst is a high-volume, 545-bed public hospital serving an area of nearly one million people in one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse communities in the United States. Elmhurst s mission has always been to provide comprehensive and high-quality health care to all, regardless of ability to pay, in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
Elmhurst is a Level I Trauma Center, Stroke Center, a 911 Receiving Hospital and an Emergency Heart Care Station. Elmhurst is a regional referral center for trauma services, cardiac catheterization, neurosurgery, Adult, Adolescent and Pediatric psychiatric services and rehabilitative medicine. The Elmhurst Palliative Care Service has proudly held Joint Commission Advanced Certification in Palliative Medicine since 2014.
- In-patient Palliative Care consultative service.
- Opportunity for outpatient Palliative Care.
- Teaching of medical students and housetaff
- Research opportunities available
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Faculty appointment at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Graduate of an accredited medical school (MD/DO)
- Fellowship training in Palliative Medicine
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Hospice/Palliative Medicine
- Unrestricted NYS medical licensure, or the ability to obtain one
Please send CV along with a brief description of career interests and goals to:
Joseph Lieber, M.D.
Director of Medicine
Elmhurst Hospital Center
79-01 Broadway, Room C6-10
Elmhurst, NY 11373
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.