Full-Time General Orthopaedic Surgery Opportunity
Hospital employed group seeking to hire a full-time, general orthopaedic surgeon to champion the demands of the large health system s referral base expansion into the suburban community of LaPorte, Indiana (Northwest Indiana, 70 miles from Chicago). The practice focus is general bread and butter orthopaedics (basic fractures, arthroscopy, primary arthroplasty, basic hand/foot, etc). This new position is intended to support the local primary care need for musculoskeletal surgical coverage. Join an established practice of 7 orthopaedic surgeons (1 Arthroplasty, 1 Hand, 1 Sports, 1 Shoulder/Elbow, 2 Trauma, 1 Trauma/Tumor) and 4 non operative sports medicine specialists who are expanding their geographic footprint with outreach clinic time in LaPorte. Option to participate in general ortho/trauma call at the main hospital campus in South Bend. Options to design your work flow and clinic/OR schedule to meet the demands of the group and referral system. Main OR time is available at the main hospital campus and a surgical center opportunity is adjacent to the LaPorte medical group clinic. Experience this unique opportunity to join a patient-centric and enthusiastic practice. Administrative support prioritizes this expansion of the orthopaedic service line in our thriving community.
- Practice located in a large size primary care provider office with established referral base.
- Full complement of supporting staff (MA, surgery schedulers, XR)
- Potential for hospital based OR time, South Bend
- ASC opportunity on the medical group campus, Laporte
- Dedicated orthopaedic physician extenders option (NP, or PA)
- Main and ASC operating options (likely to expand)
- Exceptional ER staff limits on-call responsibilities at main campus
- Hospital ancillary services: PT, OT, wound care, rehab, hospitalists, specialty referrals
- Growing health care system with increased dedicated ortho referrals
- Collegial ortho group with shared decision making and focus on patient care and outcomes
- Excellent base salary and wRVU productivity incentives
- Low malpractice state with tort reform
- Supportive office staff and hospital/medical group administration
- Academic affiliation and research opportunities with the Indiana University School of Medicine and the University of Notre Dame.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary with index contract guarantee + additional pay for call
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403(b) w/ employer matching
- 457(b) tax-deferred investment option
- Paid Malpractice with Tail coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Educational Loan Assistance negotiable
- Generous Vacation Time
- 1 week paid CME leave with Annual CME Stipend
- Licensed or ability to become licensed in the State of Indiana
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Weekday practice based on patient care (3 clinic days, 2 OR days)
Affiliation with Indiana University School of Medicine @ Notre Dame and Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency allows for teaching of residents, medical students and supervision of post-graduate trainees.
Memorial hospital is 737-licensed-bed hospital has more than 600 physicians on staff representing over 35 medical specialties. Memorial Hospital has been honored numerous times for its quality patient care, including recognition as the #4 ranked hospital in Indiana by U.S. News&WorldReportin2019. Highlights include:
? Level II Trauma Center ? Dedicated Adult Critical Care, Neonatal, Maternal and Pediatric ? Transport Teams ? Memorial MedFlight ? Advanced Certification as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center: First and only in Indian ? Memorial Regional Breast Care Center ? Memorial Hospital Surgery Center ? DaVinci Robotic Surgery ? Hybrid Operating Suites ? Memorial Regional Cancer Center ? Blue Distinction Center + Maternity Care Program Designated Baby-Friendly Birth Facility ? Primary Stroke Center
Beacon offers a market competitive salary and benefit package, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Life Insurance Short/Long-term Disability CME Allowance 403(b) and 457(b) Retirement Savings Plans Paid Malpractice with Tail Coverage and if applicable: Relocation Allowance Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Beacon Health System locations span across north central Indiana and into southwest Michigan. We are one of the top 2% of hospitals nationwide to achieve a 5 Star CMS Hospital Rating and a AA- bond rating, placing Beacon in the top 10th percentile of health systems across the country. Our physicians and associates enjoy the vibrant surrounding communities which include Elkhart, Granger, LaPorte, Mishawaka and South Bend. Our area is home to several colleges, including the world-renowned University of Notre Dame, providing many options for athletic and cultural events. Combined with the Morris Performing Arts Center in South Bend and the Lerner Theatre in Elkhart, live entertainment is easy to find. A big little town, South Bend is also home to the South Bend Cubs, a Class-A minor league baseball team. Parks, Potawatomi Zoo and numerous festivals offer family-friendly fun. Nearby, the sandy shores of Lake Michigan beckon with opportunities for camping, hiking or just relaxing. And, with Chicago just 90 minutes away by car or rail, options for weekend getaways are endless.