Full-Time Orthopaedic Hand Surgery Opportunity
Hospital employment opportunity: seeking to hire a full-time BC/BE orthopaedic hand surgeon to meet the demands of a large health system referral base in a suburban community of Northcentral Indiana with a busy, well-developed Level-2 trauma program. Join an established practice of 7 orthopaedic surgeons (1 Arthroplasty, 1 Hand, 1 Sports, 1 Shoulder/Elbow, 2 Trauma, 1 Trauma/Tumor) and 3 non-operative sports medicine specialists. Hand surgery fellowship training is required. Expanded practice focus on elbow surgery and orthoplastics is welcomed. Participate in a shared dedicated hand call excluding finger replants. Option to participate in general ortho/trauma call if desired. Options to design your work flow and clinic/OR schedule to meet the demands of the group and referral system. Main OR and surgical center operating environments are available with support staff and equipment. Experience this unique opportunity to join a patient-centric, enthusiastic practice with administrative support to expand and prioritize the orthopaedic service line in our thriving community.
Located just 90-miles east of Chicago, the community boasts family friendly Midwest living and is home to a renowned Top-25 Academic University with Division-1 sports (see below).
- Two office locations with full complement of supporting staff (MA, surgery schedulers, XR)
- Potential for satellite regional clinics to expand your practice/exposure
- Dedicated team of orthopaedic physician extenders (NPs, PAs)
- In office mini-fluoroscopy, procedure rooms and updated PACS system
- Main and ASC operating options (likely to expand)
- Dedicated OR block time with supporting ortho staff
- Exceptional ER staff limits on-call responsibilities
- Hospital ancillary services: PT, OT, wound care, rehab, hospitalists, specialty referrals
- Growing health care system with increased dedicated ortho referrals
- Collegial ortho group with shared decision making and focus on patient care and outcomes
- Excellent base salary and wRVU productivity incentives
- Low malpractice state with tort reform
- Supportive office staff and hospital/medical group administration
- Academic affiliation and research opportunities with the Indiana University School of Medicine and the University of Notre Dame.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary with index contract guarantee + additional pay for call
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403(b) w/ employer matching
- 457(b) tax-deferred investment option
- Paid Malpractice with Tail coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Educational Loan Assistance negotiable
- Generous Vacation Time
- 1 week paid CME leave with Annual CME Stipend
- Licensed or ability to become licensed in the State of Indiana
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Proof of completion of Orthopaedic Hand Fellowship
- Weekday practice based on patient care (2-3 days clinic, 2+ days OR)
- Shared monthly dedicated hand call with other providers within community
Affiliation with Indiana University School of Medicine @ Notre Dame and Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency allows for teaching of residents, medical students and supervision of post-graduate trainees.
Memorial hospital is 737-licensed-bed hospital has more than 600 physicians on staff representing over 35 medical specialties. Memorial Hospital has been honored numerous times for its quality patient care, including recognition as the #4 ranked hospital in Indiana by U.S. News&WorldReportin2019. Highlights include:
? Level II Trauma Center ? Dedicated Adult Critical Care, Neonatal, Maternal and Pediatric ? Transport Teams ? Memorial MedFlight ? Advanced Certification as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center: First and only in Indian ? Memorial Regional Breast Care Center ? Memorial Hospital Surgery Center ? DaVinci Robotic Surgery ? Hybrid Operating Suites ? Memorial Regional Cancer Center ? Blue Distinction Center + Maternity Care Program Designated Baby-Friendly Birth Facility ? Primary Stroke Center
Beacon offers a market competitive salary and benefit package, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Life Insurance Short/Long-term Disability CME Allowance 403(b) and 457(b) Retirement Savings Plans Paid Malpractice with Tail Coverage and if applicable: Relocation Allowance Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Beacon Health System locations span across north central Indiana and into southwest Michigan. We are one of the top 2% of hospitals nationwide to achieve a 5 Star CMS Hospital Rating and a AA- bond rating, placing Beacon in the top 10th percentile of health systems across the country. Our physicians and associates enjoy the vibrant surrounding communities which include Elkhart, Granger, LaPorte, Mishawaka and South Bend. Our area is home to several colleges, including the world-renowned University of Notre Dame, providing many options for athletic and cultural events. Combined with the Morris Performing Arts Center in South Bend and the Lerner Theatre in Elkhart, live entertainment is easy to find. A big little town, South Bend is also home to the South Bend Cubs, a Class-A minor league baseball team. Parks, Potawatomi Zoo and numerous festivals offer family-friendly fun. Nearby, the sandy shores of Lake Michigan beckon with opportunities for camping, hiking or just relaxing. And, with Chicago just 90 minutes away by car or rail, options for weekend getaways are endless.
Apply for Full-Time Orthopaedic Hand Surgery Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly