Tele- Hospital Medicine Nocturnist South Shore University Hospital
The Department of Hospital Medicine at South Shore University Hospital is seeking Board Certified Hospitalists to join our innovative Tele Medicine Hospitalist Program. The department is the sole provider for acute inpatient medical treatment. In addition, we provide co-management services for our Orthopedic, Trauma and Neurosurgical services. Our program is comprised of board-certified Internal medicine and Family medicine physicians. As hospitalists, we are intimately involved in various hospital based committees and are a key component of any new policies that are established. South Shore is a center of excellence in cardiology, orthopedics, neuroscience, and women s health. There is tremendous opportunity for growth as a clinician and a leader at South Shore, a 305 bed tertiary care center serving the local community of Bay Shore as well as the entire Eastern Region of Northwell Health.
In this position opportunity, time would be split 50-50 between the tele-hospital medicine center in Syosset, NY, as well as providing bedside care at South Shore University Hospital. With the ever-increasing size of our health system, there is incredible opportunity for the motivated hospitalist who wants to see and learn more about our variety of care delivery.
An ideal candidate would be an experienced hospitalist with excellent communication skills, ability to foster collaboration and teamwork. There is tremendous potential for leadership and skills development in the areas of quality, patient safety and clinical research. Opportunities to teach and supervise rotating medical students and residents are already in place.
- 24/7 coverage by physician with nursing and administrative support to allow focus to be on patient care
- Average of 6-12 encounters per shift, including admission, consultative, and SNF visits
- Resident and medical student teaching rotations
- Research and publication opportunities through quality improvement initiatives and teaching
- Full Northwell benefits package including PTO, health insurance, CME, 401k matching, etc.
- Assistant Professor through Hofstra University School of Medicine
- Additional Northwell per-diem / moonlighting opportunities consistently available
For further details or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Tele- Hospital Medicine Nocturnist South Shore University Hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly