Associate Trauma Medical Director opportunity for Level II Trauma Center in Jacksonville, FL
Orange Park Medical Center in conjunction with Envision is seeking an Associate Trauma Medical Director to join trauma surgery team.
- 12-hour primary in-house coverage, plus 12 hour secondary call from home with 30 min response (rarely called in)
- ED Volume: 112k annual; 54 beds
- Total trauma admits average 100 per month (1200-1300 annual)
- Must be board certified in General Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- ATLS Required
- Willingness to work at on-site clinic for pre-op/ post-op visit
- Previous Director experience with state and regional exposure
About Trauma Services:
- The only Level ll Trauma Center in Clay County, Orange Park Medical Center has the proven expertise to save lives within the golden hour
- Being a Level ll Trauma Center means we provide a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients
- Our standards and performance are regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health
About Orange Park Medical Center:
- OPMC is a full-service, acute-care hospital with 365 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities.
- The only level II trauma center in Clay County
- Shortest hospital ER wait times in the area with a dedicated Pediatric ER and another free-standing ER a few miles away from the hospital
- 24/7 on-site imaging and radiology services
- 24-bed inpatient psychiatry unit, 20-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and 20 ICU beds.
- Committed to Graduate Medical Education with seven residency programs (including ER, Psychiatry, General Surgery and Primary Care) and three fellowship programs. By the year 2022, we will expand our ACGME accredited residency and fellowship programs to 175 residents and fellows.
With a population of close to 1.5 million people, a low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate, our region is one of the few places in the United States that is experiencing a growing population of young professionals. Clay County is known for its excellent schools from kindergarten through college, strong military presence, affordable cost of living and enjoyable, year-round outdoor activities! Northeast Florida is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, featuring 90 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the majestic St. Johns River. Enjoy playing golf, playing tennis or other popular sports such as wakeboarding, surfing, waterskiing and boating.
Apply for Associate Trauma Medical Director opportunity for Level II Trauma Center in Jacksonville, FL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly