Geriatric Medicine Physician - North Central Bronx Hospital - Bronx, New York - Full Time
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.
- The North Central Bronx Academic Ambulatory Geriatrician of the Adult Primary Care Service provides the full scope of adult ambulatory services, which fall under his/her field of training.
- Services include diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to adult and limited groups of adolescent patients.
- The Academic Ambulatory Geriatrician trains and supervises medical trainees, students, and mid-level providers in the scope of adult ambulatory services.
- The scope of services includes primary care, geriatrics, medical consultation, med psych, palliative care, and selected inpatient care to support the overall missions of the Medical Center and Department of Medicine and address the needs of the population served in individualized, collaborative, or population frameworks.
- The Geriatrician will also participate in peer review, quality assurance, department and division meetings, and faculty development sessions.
- Research and scholarly involvement will include 1-2 scholarly research projects per year.
- This is a full time position. Flexible 40 hours per week, which includes evenings and weekends. Off hours coverage is on a rotating basis.
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Geriatrics
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Maintenance of affiliations with academic and professional organizations
- Current DEA registration
- CPR certification
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Geriatric Medicine Physician - North Central Bronx Hospital - Bronx, New York - Full Time
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly