Occupational Health PHYSICIAN II
Practice Occupational Medicine In Sunny Southern California!
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) has an opening for a qualified Occupational Medicine Physician. Join the Occupational Health Services (OHS) team and provide care for employees of the largest utility company in the nation. At LADWP, you ll find professional satisfaction in treating a diverse workforce, while enjoying generous benefits.
Class Description: Physician II
Class Code: 0655
Location: Los Angeles, California
Salary Range: $15,258.06 - $17,006.76 Monthly / $183,096.72 $204,081.12 Annually
Description: The Physician II conducts pre-placement/post-offer, commercial driver and workers compensation examinations, OSHA medical surveillance evaluations, reviews confidential medical documents to address work status issues, medical screening for the health effects of occupational health hazards, and responds to urgent, non-work-related medical conditions that occur in the workplace. The Physician II will gain familiarity with LADWP s policies and practices that impact OHS and the workforce. The LADWP Occupational Health Service office is open Monday through Friday from 7AM to 4PM (except holidays).
- M.D. or D.O. Degree; and
- Board Certification in Occupational Medicine, or Board eligibility in Occupational Medicine with a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience preferably in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; and
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Occupational Medicine; and
- License to practice medicine in the State of California; and
- Current DEA certification; and
- Current Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) medical examiner certification; and
- Certification by a recognized agency as a Medical Review Officer (MRO) for the federal DOT testing program; and
- Valid California driver s license; and
- Knowledge of California Workers Compensation, OSHA regulations, workplace health and safety concepts; and
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
WHERE TO APPLY: Please send your CV and statement of interest to Annie Dover at Annie.Dover@ladwp.com
This is an exempt, at-will position. The individual appointed to this position will not accrue any civil service tenure, contractual employment rights, or due process rights. The incumbent may be removed without any finding of cause by the hiring authority.
Apply for Occupational Health PHYSICIAN II
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly