New York, NY
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the successful candidate will serve as a member of the system Utilization Management Council, collaborating closely with case management and finance departments from across the system to identify opportunities, develop methods, and implement solutions to optimize use of hospital and system resources in order to optimize quality of care and financial sustainability. In this capacity, the Physician Advisor works closely with hospital and medical departmental leadership, front line medical staff, including attending physician staff, house staff, advanced practice providers, as well as hospital staff across all areas of resource management, case management, social services and discharge planning, to support the development and implementation of protocols, initiatives and training programs to optimize level of care, length of stay, supporting documentation, regulatory compliance, hospital coding, and denial management.
This role will involve 50% clinical work as a Hospitalist, 50% Physician Advisor
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Active, unrestricted NYS license, or the ability to obtain one
- Possess at least three years of clinical experience as a attending physician in Hospital Medicine
- Possess a solid foundation, knowledge and/or experience in utilization and quality management
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Interested candidates please send a copy of your CV to Lea Power Carpenter, Director, Talent Acquisition, at email@example.com, or apply online.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V