Physician - Administration-Hospitalist
Medical Director Care Coordination /Physician Advisor
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE GROWING TEAM OF PHYSICIANS WITH BANNER HEALTH IN A NON-CLINICAL LEADERSHIP ROLE
Full-Time Opening Currently Available.
This position acts as a Physician Advisor to ensure the appropriate and efficient medical management of cases while assuring the quality of care is upheld as it relates to the primary and secondary review process. A qualified candidate will provide guidance on an individual case and aggregate level to cultivate efficiency related to patient care delivery and provide medical case review, utilization, and quality review and provides recommendations, advice, and liaison services concerning quality and cost-effective patient care.
Qualifications and Essential functions include:
- Experienced Board Certified Physician, minimum 5 years practice experience (especially hospital-based practice experience)
- Solid understanding of hospital throughput and designations of inpatient status, observation service, and extended recovery.
- An understanding of medical protocols and criteria and how they impact status determination
- Understanding of clinical protocols, reimbursement challenges, and managed care principles
- Ability to perform as a Physician Advisor to ensure the medical management of cases and quality of patient care
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR), experience with excel and clinical documentation
Banner Health’s Total Compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Phoenix
Downtown Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ 85006 Physician - Administration-Hospitalist
Apply for Physician - Administration-Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly