Pediatric Emergency Physician
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Services at Children's Minnesota is seeking enthusiastic BE/BC Pediatric Emergency Physicians to join a well-established hospital employed physician group. We are one of busiest pediatric emergency departments in the nation with ~90,000 emergency visits at our Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses and another 10,000 at our two suburban satellite Emergency Departments.
Our Emergency Medicine Services program provides care to an 11 county region and is a tertiary and quaternary referral center for the Upper Midwest. Our group currently consists of 39 BC/BE PEM physicians, 13 pediatric Nurse Practitioners, and 9 PEM Fellows. We pride ourselves on strong clinical care, child advocacy and research. Additionally, our department is a primary regional teaching site for 12 residency programs in pediatrics, med/peds, emergency medicine and family medicine. Our robust PEM Fellowship program has graduated 58 PEM physicians over the past 32 years.
- Level 1 ACS Pediatric Trauma Center
- Full medical and surgical sub-specialty support across the system
- Double and triple PEM physician coverage 24/7
- Ample opportunities to be involved in Resident and Fellowship Education
- Strong research infrastructure and support
- Our physicians enjoy a quality of life that provides for a balance between work and personal life.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality, evidenced based care to pediatric and adolescent age patients presenting with a variety of acute medical and traumatic concerns in a free standing children's hospital emergency department.
- Responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life.
- Must have an M.D., D.O. or equivalent degree from another country with a current Minnesota Medical License or the ability to obtain one.
- BE/BC in Pediatric Emergency Medicine with pediatric emergency medicine fellowship training.
- Ability to be successfully credentialed by both Hospital and 3rd Party Payers.
Melissa Coulson, Senior Physician Recruiter
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
Apply for Pediatric Emergency Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly