NORTON MEDICAL GROUP, a part of Norton Healthcare in Louisville, Kentucky, is recruiting board-certified pulmonary and critical care-trained physicians. These physicians will join Norton Pulmonary Specialists, a comprehensive practice consisting of critical care as well as general and interventional pulmonary care. Pulmonology is a growing specialty, and we have recently added more than 20 providers.
ABOUT THE POSITIONS
- Office-based opportunities available working with a staff of 20 physicians and 17 advanced practice providers
- Opportunity to participate in a closed intensive care unit with nurse practitioner support and no night coverage required
- Custom mix of inpatient and outpatient opportunities available based on applicant s interests
- Opportunity to collaborate with a new neurocritical care unit opening at Norton Brownsboro Hospital in fall 2021
- Opportunities to exclusively practice critical care, pulmonary care, or a hybrid of pulmonary and critical care services
- Opportunities to participate in Norton Cancer Institute s Comprehensive Lung Center
- Research support services available through the Norton Clinical Research Group
- On call every third weekend
- Student loan repayment for general and pulmonary critical care up to $100,000 and a $50,000 retention bonus for experienced candidates
- Six weeks paid vacation
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certification
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
ABOUT THE NORTON CANCER INSTITUTE COMPREHENSIVE LUNG CENTER
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death for men and women in the United States. More people are diagnosed with and die from lung cancer in Kentucky than any other state in the nation. In addition, Kentucky has the highest percentage (26%) of adults who smoke cigarettes. Norton Pulmonary Specialists works with Norton Cancer Institute to provide comprehensive multidisciplinary lung care to patients seen at the Norton Cancer Institute Comprehensive Lung Center. The center offers personalized attention and continuity of care, focusing on lung cancer screening and prevention, diagnosis and treatment, along with a specialty emphasis on smoking cessation. This center has been designated as a GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer Center of Excellence, reserved for programs that accelerate lung cancer detection and patient treatment by using the most advanced technology available.
- Multidisciplinary team of pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, and medical and surgical oncologists
- Two lung nurse navigators who assist with patient education, track and ensure adequate follow-up for patients who have cancer screenings, and ensure patients comply with treatment plans developed for them
- Lung Clinic: Diagnosis and treatment for patients whose cancer screenings show an abnormal result. Features include electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy using LungGPS, cutting edge technology for early diagnosis of lung cancer.
To discuss this opportunity, contact Angela Elliott, senior recruiter, providers, Norton Medical Group, at email@example.com or (859) 613-1984. To see all of our career opportunities, visit BeANortonDoctor.com
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity