Orthopedic Surgeon General
Orthopedic Surgeon General
Baylor Scott and White Health
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery is seeking a full-time BE/BC General Orthopedic Surgeon, with the opportunity to build a full adult reconstructive practice, to join our growing orthopedic presence in Killeen, TX.
- Adult Recon fellowship trained
- Must work well with a team including full time surgical partner, non-operative providers, and physician assistant
- Experience in process improvement is beneficial.
- CJR/Bundled Payment knowledge is a plus.
About the Killeen Area
Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood is a metropolitan statistical area in Central Texas that covers three counties: Bell, Coryell, and Lampasas. As of the 2015, the area had a population of 450,051. Killeen is conveniently located only 68 miles northwest of Austin and 155 miles southwest of the Dallas Fort Worth area. The community is enriched with diversity, family-friendly culture, great schools and two beautiful lakes. The area is ideal for those who enjoy living in a smaller community but want to easily access big cities.
About AdventHealth Central Texas
AdventHealth Central Texas is a 230-bed acute-care hospital with a Level IV Trauma designation. Located in Killeen, the medical center offers a wide range of clinical and surgical services that include an emergency department open 24/7, cardiovascular care, orthopedics, diagnostic imaging, and other services, and plays a central role in community wellness.
Through various contracts with AdventHealth, Baylor Scott & White Health provides hospitalist, anesthesiologist, physician, nurse practitioner, and CRNA support to name a few, to help with their staffing needs. In addition, five Baylor Scott & White Health clinics including three care clinics, a specialty clinic, and McLane Children s Scott & White Clinic Killeen provide physician services to patients in the Killeen community.
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas. Known for exceptional patient care for more than a century, BSWH includes 48 hospitals, more than 1,027 patient access points, 9,600 affiliated physicians, 48,000+ employees and the Baylor Scott & White health plan.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV and a brief letter outlining their interests to:
Teresa Washington, SHRM-CP, Physician Recruiter: Teresa.Washington1@BSWHealth.org
- Location/Facility Baylor Scott and White Specialty Clinic Killeen Hemingway. Surgery/ED practice at AdventHealth, Killeen, Texas.
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice Orthopedic Surgery
- Shift/Schedule Full-time. ED call coverage 7 days/month
- Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and time off
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar employer match
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Excellent Relocation Assistance packages
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it s accepting a calling!
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists.
Apply for Orthopedic Surgeon General
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly