Obstetrics and Gynecology Vice Chair of Clinical Operations Ambulatory
University of Florida is seeking our next Vice Chair - a position of departmental leadership and an opportunity to contribute to the transformation of a major academic department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Include but are not limited to:
- The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Vice Chair of Clinical Operations – Ambulatory will provide leadership, direction and oversight of the ambulatory services.
- Leads collaborative efforts to reorganize and modernize departmental ambulatory operations and implements changes together with Division Chiefs, faculty and staff.
- Leads ambulatory activities and sets up the infrastructure together with the Chair related to clinical performance and process improvements to achieve high patient satisfaction, optimize patient volume, and achieve quality goals as periodically defined by the Department, UFP, and COM.
- Facilitates the coordinated growth of ambulatory operations including:
- Practice growth
- Physician, APP, staff and patient loyalty
- Integration of teaching and research into clinical patient setting
- Ensures maintenance of medical coverage for patients in the practice at all times, including weekends, holidays, and emergency situations; helps monitor compliance with departmental and UFP policies including: absences, clinic cancellations, and advance notice of vacations.
- Works collaboratively with departmental clinical leadership to develop a strategic plan and expectations for the outpatient setting for physicians, Physician Assistant’s, Nurse Practitioners, CNMs and other APPs that is aligned with departmental and organizational initiatives, including the promotion of diversity in the department.
- Works with the Vice Chair of Education, as well as residency and fellowship Program Directors supporting efforts to maintain a balance between service and education for our GME learners in ambulatory settings.
- Monitors and optimizes patient access in ambulatory offices including referrals and new patients. This requires a close working relationship with the Patient Access Center call center, Division Chiefs and clinical leadership.
- In collaboration with the Physician Director of Quality (PDQ), identifies and coordinates implementation of selected quality initiatives across all practice sites.
- Meets regularly with the ambulatory staff to promote patient care and quality (minimum quarterly).
- Develops patient education material to be distributed.
- Board eligible/certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and eligible for a Florida Medical License
- Terminal doctoral degree in a clinical science such as MD or DO degree. Applicants with additional educational degrees such as an MBA are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in ambulatory clinical practice management leadership, preferably in an academic setting.
- Experience in strategic planning for a clinical practice
- Familiarity with the subspecialties of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Excellent communication skills. Excellent leadership skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective strategies for working with diverse faculty, staff and students and commitment to diversity in the educational community.
- (Compensation, benefits, etc)
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA: GAINESVILLE, FL
At the University of Florida, we are a people of purpose. We're committed to challenging convention and ourselves. We see things not as they are, but as they could be. And we strive for a greater impact: one measured in people helped and lives improved. At UF we have some of the top faculty in the country. In addition to attracting over $900 million in research each year, they foster the uniquely collaborative environment that transforms potential into actual results.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
For more information please reach out to - Bart Reid HR Generalist ph: 352-273-7584 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Obstetrics and Gynecology Vice Chair of Clinical Operations Ambulatory
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly