Physician Palliative Medicine
There's never been a more exciting time to grow your career at Ochsner! The best and the brightest work here because they find the work challenging and rewarding because their input is valued and their opinions respected. Here, there is room to grow and people who want the best for you. Here, you matter.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Discover your next career move today and continue to make a difference here at Ochsner!
Palliative Care: opportunities at locations throughout Louisiana and Mississippi.
Candidates must be board certified or board eligible through ABIM/HPM or HMD through AAHPM.
- Provide an extra layer of support to patients with serious illness
- Consults: in-patient and out-patient.
- Provide medical care related to symptom management.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team to develop a written plan of care.
- Develop and facilitates goals of care conversations for patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Actively participates in process improvement related to system and department goals.
- Participate in specialty team meetings.
- Serve as collaborating physician to advanced practice providers
- Staff inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic with advance practice providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- EPIC electronic health record system wide.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Benefits include an equitable and clearly delineated compensation plan
- Paid malpractice coverage and a favorable malpractice environment in Louisiana
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Generous retirement benefits (401k, 403b, deferred compensation plans)
- CME allowance.
Interested physicians should apply HERE
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you ready to continue to make a difference at Ochsner and live our values of Patient's First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, & Teamwork?
Apply for Physician Palliative Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly