Chief Hospitalist Loma Linda, CA VA Healthcare
Loma Linda, CA
The Chief Hospitalist duties involve administration and patient care on both non-teaching and teaching services, in addition to leading and/or supporting a range of facility performance measures to optimize employee engagement, patient experience, and patient outcomes.
This is a demanding position that requires a high level of commitment with desired leadership evidence of supporting academic programs and driving successful outcomes-based process and performance improvement
- Provides direct patient care in inpatient setting.
- Observes patient responses, testing procedures, use of equipment and review of patient records.
- Thoroughly documents examinations and histories using appropriate programs and forms.
- Provides education to other physicians and healthcare professionals regarding medical disorders and their treatments.
- Provides education, supervision, and mentoring to medical students and residents in medical disorders and their treatments.
- Participates in special duties as assigned by the Chief of Staff or Chief of Medicine, VA Loma Linda Healthcare System.
- Participates in quality assurance programs and chart reviews.
Administrative and academic experience in Hospital Medicine and leading hospital-based performance measures including Emergency Department throughput, inpatient length of stay, utilization management, and clinical documentation improvement. Previous work as a Physician Utilization Management Advisor (PUMA), plus experience in scheduling Hospitalists and supervising physicians is highly desirable.
Leading a group of 25 highly engaged and high-performing Hospitalist and Nocturnist physicians. We are a teaching program affiliated with Loma Linda University School of Medicine and University of California Riverside School of Medicine.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at these facilities
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No physician employment contracts!
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
US AIR FORCE, VETERAN
National Recruitment Consultant
National Recruitment Service (10A2A7)
Veterans’ Health Administration
US Department of Veterans Affairs
Office/Mobile Phone: 615-854-1540
Apply for Chief Hospitalist Loma Linda, CA VA Healthcare
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly