Geisinger’s Musculoskeletal Institute is seeking a Section Chair of Wound Care for Geisinger’s Northeast region. This position will direct providers, faculty, residents, staff, and other clinicians, to optimize the care of patients, support research endeavors, and provide effective and meaningful educational programs across the department.
- Collaborate with System Wound Care Director to provide leadership, planning, organization, staffing, coordination, and evaluation for the organization’s activities.
- Work collaboratively with clinical and administrative leaders to establish appropriate programming of clinical, teaching, research and educational programs within the department.
- Responsible for all quality improvement efforts in the department. Directs and oversees the clinical and operational management of the department.
- Responsible for all organizational, accrediting and regulatory agency standards, policies, and procedures.
- Clinical role with dedicated administrative time.
Seeking candidates that possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain a strong multidisciplinary wound care program and regularly collaborate with other specialties in the care of complex wound patients.
- Proficiency in managing all stages of acute and chronic wounds including assessment, diagnosis, establishment of treatment plans.
- Proficiency in performing wound care procedures including debridement, incision and drainage, skin, and wound biopsy.
- Wound Care experience and HBO certification or willingness to become certified.
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of PennsylvaniaSkillsSystems-Based Practice; Professionalism; Patient Care And Procedural SkillsOur Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.