Sunrise Health in Las Vegas, Nevada is seeking a Cardiovascular/Thoracic Surgeon, a hospital-employed opportunity. This position will be based at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center, part of HCA Healthcare. Candidates must demonstrate a strong work ethic with focus on quality and collegiality.
Certification by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery required.
Expertise in coronary, valve repair and replacement, aortic/great vessel, and Type A dissection repair required.
Expertise in mechanical circulatory support, structural heart, general thoracic, as well as general vascular and endovascular surgery preferred.
Striving for Work-Life Harmony:
Call schedule shared with three to four cardiovascular/thoracic surgeons.
Competitive compensation comprised of guaranteed base and productivity component.
Robust benefits include 401k matching, CME time and allowance, discounted employee stock purchase.
About Sunrise Hospital Cardiovascular program
A 762- bed tertiary care facility with a full spectrum of all major specialties.
Approximately 100 cardiologists on staff.
Approximately 5,000 adult and congenital cardiology procedures performed annually.
Approximately 550 PCIs per year.
Approximately 120 TAVRs performed annually.
Approximately 100 TMVR (Mitraclips) annually.
About Sunrise Hospital:
- Sunrise Hospital offers the largest, most advanced cardiac care/cardiovascular surgery program in the state, treating more heart patients than any other hospital in Nevada
- Level II Trauma Center and the largest acute care hospital in Nevada
- The most advanced complex heart care in the Valley including adult and neonatal ECMO; Las Vegas largest cardiac Cath Lab for rapid heart disease intervention.
- Five Intensive Care Units; Electrophysiology labs dedicated to the treatment of irregular heartbeats.
- An extensive Atrial Fibrillation (AFiB) treatment program which includes the WATCHMAN implant; Many tertiary care firsts including prolific heart valve treatment options such as MitraClip therapy and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
- Vast surgical suite includes four dedicated operating rooms.
- 24/7 cardiovascular anesthesia (hour- based) and perfusion; & the only pediatric CVT program in Nevada.
- Inpatient support provided by hospitalists and intensivists in a dedicated 24-bed CVT ICU.
Located in Southern Nevada with mild winters and warm summers, Las Vegas offers world class amenities, a low cost of living and no state income tax. With a population of more than 2.6 million, Las Vegas is not only known as the gaming and entertainment capital of the world but is also is an outdoor enthusiast s dream with access to many national and state parks in the area and within close distance. The community is now home to three professional sports teams in the NFL, NHL and WNBA.
Apply for Cardiovascular/Thoracic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly