Physician (Deputy Chief of Staff)
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) -If selected you are eligible to apply to this program
Recruitment or Relocation Incentive -May be offered to highly qualified individuals. (Permanent Change of Station (PCS) isnotpart of this incentive).
The Deputy Chief of Staff (DCOS) is fully responsible to the Chief of Staff for programs of patient care and or the educational activities of the clinical service lines. DCOS is required to travel between Montgomery and Tuskegee Campuses on a regular basis and to the other outpatient clinic facilities as needed. Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are required, Strong leadership skills as demonstrated by possession of the core competencies of the High-Performance Development Model are required. The DCOS has overall responsibility for planning organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling medical administrative, and supporting operation of the Medical Center. The incumbent works collaboratively with other clinical and administrative services/service lines across the Central Alabama Veterans HCS (CAVHCS). The DCOS is responsible for maintaining and improving healthcare at CAVHCS and for maintaining effective relationships through personal and active participation in administrative, educational, community, and social events at the Federal, state and local levels. The incumbent maintains a professional and effective working relationship and affiliation with educational institutions, healthcare, organizations, veteran's services organizations, and appropriate civic organizations.
Work Schedule:Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report:Not requiredTravel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Formulates and recommends plans for a comprehensive program of medical care,
- Develops the requirements of staff, facilities, equipment and supplies needed to support an integrated program, utilizing necessary reviews and controls, and
- Appraises the effectiveness of the various medical programs in meeting the needs of patient care.
Physical Requirements:Should be able to do light lifting of under 15 pounds, have use of fingers & both hands, requires walking of up to 4 hours, standing up to 2 hours, kneeling up to 1 hour, good vision (corrective lenses ok), hearing aid permitted, ability to distinguish color, emotional stability.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician (Deputy Chief of Staff)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly