Orthopedic Surgery (fellowship in sports medicine preferred)
Opportunity to provide regional orthopedic care to diverse population. Candidate would ideally add arthroscopy, upper extremity/hand, and basic trauma services to existing Arthroplasty/Joint programs. Serves the Arrowhead region, a large geographic area of Minnesota north of Duluth to the Canadian border. The Arrowhead includes three hospitals, an ambulatory surgery center, eight clinics, and three long term care facilities. Medical staff includes approximately 55 physicians and 20 advanced practice providers. The population of the service area is approximately 135,000 people.
- HUB campus in Virginia, MN includes a 26-member, multi-specialty group including internal medicine, family practice, ENT, anesthesia, dermatology, general surgery, pediatrics, ophthalmology, occupational medicine, OB/GYN, pathology, urology, primary care/sports medicine and 10 allied health providers, athletic training
- Existing robust medical orthopedic practice based in Virginia and the surrounding Arrowhead Region that services as a referral base to the surgical orthopedics team in Virginia
- Dedicated Orthopedic PA-C onsite
- Flexible call requirements with ability to transfer and collaborate with our 15 surgeon level 1 trauma center in Duluth
- Surgical services and admissions to Essentia Health - Virginia, an 83 bed hospital and 77 bed convalescent. Features include:
- Private hospital rooms
- Close-knit and experienced orthopedic surgical team
- Stryker MAKO robotic platform
- GE multi slice CT scanner
- New 1.5 Tesla MRI
- Excellent regional physical and occupational therapy services available on site and in the region.
- BC/BE in Orthopedics
- 60 miles north of Duluth, MN; 200 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Arrowhead region population of 89,000, Itasca Lakes region population of 45,000
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Search or Apply online at www.essentiahealth.org/careers or contact:
Liz Huesman, Physician Recruiter
(work) 218-847-0845 (fax) 218-722-9952
Apply for Orthopedic Surgery (fellowship in sports medicine preferred)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly