Physician Urgent Care
Geisinger is currently seeking Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine - Pediatrics trained physicians for our new Convenient Care + program.
Job Duties:Geisinger's new Convenient Care + program is an alternative to the Emergency Department when prompt intervention is needed to treat worsening illness or exacerbation of a chronic condition. Acute care services above and beyond what is traditionally found in outpatient urgent care centers are available for the convenience of both providers and patients.This new model of care serves to increase efficiency and access to care, all while maintaining the highest quality. Geisinger Convenient Care + is staffed by well-trained physicians and nurses, who can perform diagnostics, including laboratory and imaging studies, as well as treatments such as:
- Nebulizer therapyDiuresis (intravenous)Hydration (intravenous)Intravenous or oral steroidsCorrections of electrolyte abnormalities such as hyponatremia or hyperkalemiaIntravenous antibiotic treatment for conditions like cellulitis, simple pneumonia, or infectionAntihistamine treatment for patients with allergic reaction without airway concernRate control for patients with known atrial fibrillation (AFib)Hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia treatmentsAntihypertensivesHeadache/migraine treatment for known migraine patients?
- Board certification in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Internal Medicine-Pediatrics.Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Internal Medicine-Pediatric candidates must have urgent care experience.Active Pennsylvania medical license.
Education:Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Skills:Patient Care And Procedural Skills, Professionalism, Systems-Based PracticeOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
Apply for Physician Urgent Care
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly