Geisinger is seeking board certified/board eligible Pediatric Emergency Medicine physicians for the department of Emergency Medicine at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV) located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities, patients, & families we serve. We do things differently to reach our unique patient population in central, south-central & northeast PA with high quality pediatric emergency medicine (PEM) services. Our revolutionary approaches to local community outreach include tools like telemedicine, leveraging a robust EHR for pediatric-specific decision support to reach a previously PEM underserved population.Geisinger Wyoming Valley’s 32-bed, Emergency Department cares for over 65,000 patients per year, including nearly 10,000 pediatric patients. The pediatric admission rate, from within the emergency department, is around 4%. Children admitted from our emergency department are cared for in the GWV Janet Wise Children’s Hospital pediatric unit and/or our level II NICU, which will soon transition to level III.Geisinger is seeking candidates with superior clinical and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to participate in program development, medical education and research. Candidates must be Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship trained.At Geisinger, you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on your patients’ lives! Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. With Geisinger, you can take advantage of:
- Competitive compensation package
- Exceptional work life balance with defined clinical hours - 1,544 hours/year
- Dual appointments in Emergency Medicine & Pediatrics
- Support from a full range of dedicated specialists and subspecialists, including in-house Neonatologist and Pediatric Hospitalists
- Ongoing enhancements to our fully-integrated Electronic Health Record (EHR) – Epic
- Forgivable recruitment loan equal to $100k, paid within first month of employment
- Monthly stipend available to current fellows upon signature of an offer letter
Position Details:GEISINGER WYOMING VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER: (GWV),
located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., is an acute care hospital that is licensed for 274 beds, and houses the only Level II Trauma center in Luzerne County. The campus includes the Frank M. and Dorothea Henry Cancer Center, The Richard and Marion Pearsall Heart Hospital, the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital Pediatric Unit, a transplant program and the Brain & Spine Tumor Institute. Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre is GWV’s ambulatory campus.About Geisinger
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org
or connect with us on Facebook
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Skills:OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.*Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.