Physician - Medical Director and Wound Care (Hyperbaric Medicine) - Full Time - Centralia, IL
SSM Health Medical Group Illinois, located in Mt. Vernon & Centralia, Illinois seeks a Medical Director and Wound Care/Hyperbaric Medicine Physician to join an established wound care program.
This is an employed position with SSM Health Medical Group, a premier hospital system located in Centralia, Illinois, where easy access is available to St. Louis, Chicago, Evansville, Indianapolis & Louisville.
- Possess a MD or DO degree
- Successfully completed an ACGME accredited residency in FM, IM or General Surgery
- Completion of a Hyperbaric Medicine Fellowship, preferred
- Must hold Board Certification or be Board Eligible in their primary specialty
- Must be certified in HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy)
- Must be willing to supervise HBOT services
- Comfortable supervising and working with NP s and PA s
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Apply for Physician - Medical Director and Wound Care (Hyperbaric Medicine) - Full Time - Centralia, IL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly