Practice Academic Medicine with Top-Rated Teaching Hospital in the Sun and Recreation Corridor of Arizona at Banner University Medical Center - Tucson (BUMC-T)
The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group is recruiting a BC/BE Advanced/Transplant Hepatologist to support the transplant hepatology program. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an innovative academic environment, collaborating with our Liver Transplant Medical Director and our outstanding Hepatology team.
Essential functions include:
- Care for general liver & liver transplant patients in both Inpatient and Outpatient settings
- 8-12 IP per day
- 14-18 OP per day
- Perform routine procedures such as colonoscopy/EGD, in addition to shared coverage of hepatology and transplant liver service
- Co-management of ICU transplant patients
- Immediate post-transplant care
- Long term care of transplant patients
- Candidate must be flexible as our program is the region’s designated transplant facility. Daily/wknd call is expected
- AZ medical license (or eligible to obtain)
- BC/BE GI & Hepatology, plus BC/BE in Transplant Hepatology
- Must have interest in pursuing eligibility/certification by UNOS
- Candidates with experience in liver transplants preferred
Candidates should have a strong commitment to patient care, strong teaching and clinical skills and desire translational research. Qualified candidates will receive a faculty appointment to the University of Arizona commensurate with their credentials.
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner University Medicine, a health system anchored in Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine - research, teaching, and patient care.
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your cover letter and CV for immediate consideration, to: firstname.lastname@example.org For questions, please call Tara Waltz, Sourcing Strategist, at: 602-747-8203. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Apply for ACADEMIC HEPATOLOGIST
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly