Full-time, Fellowship-trained, BC or BE Breast Surgeon
Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) is seeking a full-time, fellowship-trained, board-certified or board-eligible breast surgeon to join its multidisciplinary, NAPBC-accredited Comprehensive Breast Care Center. This is a 100% breast surgery practice, no general surgery/trauma call. Join a two-breast surgeon practice that sees over 400 new breast cancers a year and 1,000 new patients annually. The Breast Care Center is part of the Sandra & Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at GBMC, a CoC accredited site supporting 8 medical oncologists, 3 radiation oncologists and more than 15 surgeons providing high quality, multidisciplinary care for multiple accredited cancer programs (head and neck, thoracic, colorectal, gynecologic and urologic). A brand-new, state-of the-art Cancer Center facility is scheduled to open in 2025 and will be the new home of the Comprehensive Breast Care Center.
The opportunity includes:
- Dedicated Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Navigator.
- Collaborative environment with on-site Radiology, Pathology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Lymphedema, Genetics, Oncology Support, Clinical Trials, Survivorship, Integrative Medicine, Palliative care.
- Breast Care Center includes diagnostic imaging with dedicated breast imagers who provide ultrasound, 3D mammogram, MRI, ultrasound guided, stereotactic and 3D guided stereotactic biopsies within same office space.
- Breast MRI including short course screening MRI protocol and MRI biopsy available on campus.
- Access to multiple means of partial breast radiation (IORT, SAVI, EBRT).
- Robust clinical trials program currently with 11 available breast trials. Main members of NRG, affiliate members of ECOG.
- Plastic surgeon on site offering a range of reconstructive options.
- Weekly multi-disciplinary tumor board conference.
- High risk breast clinic.
- Dedicated Outpatient Surgery Center on campus with 6 newly renovated OR’s
- Competitive Salary with Incentive
- Comprehensive Benefits including malpractice with tail coverage, relocation assistance, annual CME and educational materials stipend.
Located in Towson, Maryland just outside of Baltimore, GBMC is 45 miles from Washington, DC and Annapolis, and 3 hours to NYC. Easy access to the Eastern Shore/Chesapeake Bay region and the Maryland & Delaware beaches. The region offers family-oriented communities, excellent schools and a wide variety of cultural activities including sporting events, concerts and an impressive restaurant scene.