- 317-bed Acute Care Facility
- Level II Trauma Center
- ED Volume: 12k (Free standing ED just opened)
- 25 ICU beds
- TQIP pilot site for Level III trauma centers
- 20 days Emergency General Surgery per month
- Elective General Surgery option
- Approximately 400 trauma activations per year
- Total Trauma Registry 2017: 1200 (Elderly #1, Chest Injuries #2)
- Neurosurgery available and very responsive
- Ortho coverage rotates (ship out a lot)
- All peds under 15 yrs old transferred out (approx. 20/ year) to Children s Hospital
Trauma Surgeon Criteria
- Board Certified Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Preferred
- 5-10 years of experience
- ATLS Required
St. Marks Hospital is an affiliate of HCA, the nation s largest healthcare network with more than 163 hospitals. It is also Utah s first hospital and an integral part of Utah s specialty trauma care system. The hospital has been delivering exceptional patient care since 1872. St. Mark s offers the best-in-state Heart and Vascular programs, along with a Spine Center and Robotic-assisted surgery. Its staff performs more than 15,000 surgeries a year and provides care for 80,000+ outpatient visits. COMMUNITY INFORMATION
http://www.visitsaltlake.com/BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Salt Lake City is the largest city in Utah with a population of approximately 192,000.
- City of Salt Lake: http://www.visitsaltlake.com/
- Salt Lake City, Utah s high-elevation capital, is bordered by the buoyant waters of the Great Salt Lake and the snow-capped peaks of the Wasatch Range.
- Downtown s 10-acre Temple Square, headquarters of the Mormon Church, is home to the majestic, 19th-century Salt Lake Temple and the neo-Gothic Assembly Hall.
- Combining the amenities of a major metropolitan area with the friendliness of a quaint, mountain town, Salt Lake is a beautiful, safe and vibrant place to live.
- Salt Lake is proud to have an environmentally sustainable city that promotes alternative transportation, greenhouse gas emission reductions, and water conservation
Envision Physician Services Offers:
- Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model
- Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
- Employment model with full benefits; including, health and 401K
- $5,000 CME Allowance
- Competitive Income Potential Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, follow-up clinic support and more
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.