Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Emory University Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine
The Division of Critical Care Medicine in the Emory University Department of Anesthesiology is seeking BC/BE faculty candidates with fellowship training in critical care medicine.
In response to the ongoing growth of Emory s Heart and Vascular Center, the Division is expanding coverage of its Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit at Emory University Hospital, which serves as the system s single referral unit for mechanical circulatory support, ECMO, heart transplantation, lung transplantation, and other complex cardiothoracic and vascular surgical care. The faculty work alongside a multi-professional team including residents, fellows, advanced practice providers, nurses, pharmacists, and respiratory therapists.
As Emory University School of Medicine faculty members, physicians have a tripartite mission to deliver quality clinical care, participate in innovative research, and educate future clinicians across multiple programs.
- Join a dynamic Division of Critical Care Medicine with 25 anesthesiology and emergency medicine physicians in partnership with the Emory Critical Care Center, which spans 345 ICU beds and the Emory eICU tele-critical care program
- Critical care sites include cardiothoracic, surgical, medical, blended, and community intensive care units across multiple Emory Healthcare hospitals
- The faculty OR anesthesiology practice supports high volume, high complexity caseloads across two clinical sites and multiple surgical practices, including surgical oncology, vascular, transplants, and neurosurgical cases
- Supervise residents and advanced practice providers in the operating rooms
- Participate in bedside teaching, formal didactics, and simulation-based education for trainees at every level
- Opportunities for clinical research, quality improvement, and other academic pursuits
Additional critical care opportunities exist in accordance with needs across the critical care enterprise and the interests of faculty candidates. Anesthesiology opportunities in both general multispecialty practices and adult cardiothoracic anesthesiology are available.
About the Division:
The Department s multidisciplinary Division of Critical Care Medicine currently includes 25 physicians from both anesthesiology and emergency medicine training backgrounds. In partnership with the Emory Critical Care Center, which spans 345 ICU beds, the faculty staff 7 separate ICUs and the Emory eICU tele-critical care program. The Division is also involved in the leadership, operations, and daily clinical management of the Emory ECMO Center, which provides local and regional referral, medically supervised critical care transport, and remote cannulation services. Additionally, the faculty staff a surgical intensive care unit and national tele-critical care program in partnership with the Atlanta VA Medical Center.
The Emory University Department of Anesthesiology sponsors and supports multiple ACGME-accredited education programs, including:
- 4-year Categorical Residency (48 trainees)
- Multidisciplinary Critical Care Medicine Fellowship (8 trainees)
- Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Fellowship (6 trainees)
- Multidisciplinary Pain Fellowship (6 trainees)
- D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Eligible to apply for a medical license in the state of Georgia
- American Board of Anesthesiology board certified/eligible
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited fellowship in Critical Care Medicine. Candidates in their final year of training may apply.
- Initial academic rank is based on prior experience and a detailed CV review positions available for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
- Criteria for faculty appointment include excellence in service, teaching, and scholarly activity
As a member of #TeamEHC, you play a vital role in defining a new standard of care for humankind. We are pleased to recognize your contributions with a benefits package that offers a robust and highly competitive selection of medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability, insurance, and other work/life benefits for you and your loved ones.
- Benefits begin day of hire
- 403(b) tax-deferred retirement plan
- Robust life, disability, malpractice, and other insurance coverage
- Access to University facilities and resources
- Emory University Courtesy Scholarship benefits for eligible faculty and their family members
Atlanta provides modern, big-city amenities with southern charm, hospitality, and a low cost of living. Besides a thriving arts scene, the city also offers world class restaurants, sporting events, museums, great school systems, the Georgia Aquarium, and an abundance of cultural attractions. Other features include nationally-ranked private and public universities, the country s busiest international airport, and ample opportunities for outdoor recreation. Atlanta s central location also allows drivable access to the Gulf Coast and Florida beaches, Tennessee mountains, and even North Carolina skiing. You will love Atlanta.
Emory Healthcare, part of Emory University, is the most extensive health care system in Georgia. We are made up of 11 hospitals, the Emory Clinic, and more than 250 locations. The Emory Healthcare Network, established in 2011, is the largest clinically integrated network in Georgia, with more than 2,800 physicians concentrating in 70 different subspecialties.
Emory Healthcare is an integrated academic and community healthcare system committed to providing the best care for our patients; educating health professionals and leaders for the future; pursuing discovery and research in all of its forms, including basic, clinical, and population-based research; and serving our community. As the clinical enterprise of the Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center of Emory University, Emory Healthcare is dedicated to the unifying core purpose, core values, and strategic direction of the Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center.
For more information about the Emory University Department of Anesthesiology and the Division of Critical Care Medicine, please visit: https://med.emory.edu/departments/anesthesiology/index.html and https://med.emory.edu/departments/anesthesiology/clinical-divisions/critical-care-medicine.html
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its programs and activities. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status.
Interested applicants should email their CV and Letter of Interest to:
Craig S. Jabaley, M.D., CSJabaley@emory.edu
Chief, Division of Critical Care Medicine
Ingrid Ervin-Harris, Ingrid.Ervin-Harris@emory.edu
Human Resources Manager
Apply for Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly