Emory University Hospital Surgical Specialties
The Department of Anesthesiology at the Emory University School of Medicine is seeking board eligible/board certified anesthesiologists to join our Emory University Hospital Surgical Specialties team.
Staffed exclusively by Emory University School of Medicine faculty, Emory University Hospital is a quaternary-care academic medical center which performs 25,000 anesthetic cases per year and is one of the nation's leading hospitals in solid organ transplants, cancer, neurosurgery, and more.
As a member of the faculty, physicians actively engage in the tripartite mission delivering high-quality clinical care, participating in innovative research, and educating medical students, future anesthesiologists and anesthetists.
Emory University s anesthesiology program includes 48 residents, 20 fellows in ACGME programs such as cardiac, critical care, OB and pain, and non-ACGME programs in neuro anesthesia and liver transplant.
- Case mix includes general surgery, surgical oncology, vascular surgery, neurosurgery, gynecologic surgery, plastic surgery, hepatobiliary surgery, transplantation (kidney, pancreas, liver), the radiology suite (interventional, MRI, CT), and the endoscopy suite (gastroenterology and pulmonary)
- Robust and collaborative care team model provides exceptional resources and peer support.
- Medical Direction: 1:2, 1:3.
- Full call responsibilities.
- Salary is rank-based with additional productivity-based compensation for call and evening/weekend work.
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent.
- Eligible to apply for a medical license in the state of Georgia.
- American Board of Anesthesiology board certified/eligible.
- Experience with transplant anesthesia and/or neuro anesthesia a plus
- Initial academic rank is based on prior experience and a detailed CV review positions available for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor.
- Criteria for faculty appointment include excellence across clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity.
As a member of #TeamEHC, you play a vital role in defining a new standard of care for humankind. We are pleased to recognize your contributions with a benefit package that offers a robust and highly competitive selection of medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability and other work/life benefits for you and your loved ones.
- Benefits begin day of hire
- Matching 403b
- Paid Malpractice provided
- Access to University facilities and resources
- Emory University Courtesy Scholarship benefits for eligible faculty and their family members
Atlanta provides modern big-city amenities with southern charm, hospitality and a low cost of living. Besides a thriving arts scene, the city also offers world class restaurants, sporting events, historical museums, great school systems, the World of Coke, The Georgia Aquarium and an abundance of cultural attractions. Other features include nationally ranked private and public universities, the countries busiest international airport, and ample opportunities for outdoor recreation. Atlanta s central location also allows drivable access to the Gulf Coast and Florida beaches, Tennessee mountains and even North Carolina skiing. You will love Atlanta.
Emory Healthcare, part of Emory University, is the most extensive health care system in Georgia. We are made up of 11 hospitals, the Emory Clinic, and more than 250 provider locations. The Emory Healthcare Network, established in 2011, is the largest clinically integrated network in Georgia, with more than 2,800 physicians concentrating in 70 different subspecialties.
Emory Healthcare is an integrated academic and community healthcare system committed to providing the best care for our patients, educating health professionals and leaders for the future, pursuing discovery research in all of its forms, including basic, clinical, and population-based research, and serving our community. As the clinical enterprise of the Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center of Emory University, Emory Healthcare is dedicated to the unifying core purpose, core values, and strategic direction of the Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center.
Emory Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Interested applicants should email their CV and Letter of Interest to:
Gaurav Patel, M.D., Gaurav.Patel@emory.edu
Division Chief, Emory University Hospital Surgical Specialties
Ingrid Ervin-Harris, Ingrid.Ervin-Harris@emory.edu
Human Resources Manager
Department of Anesthesiology, Emory School of Medicine
Apply for Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly