Insight Surgical Hospital is looking for a compassionate and team-oriented Anesthesiologist to join our Medical Staff in order to provide patient care second to none! The Anesthesiologist will assist our Medical Staff in the Operating Room for successful surgical cases, upholding patient safety, and preparing the room for surgeries. The Anesthesiologist will be able to work with great accuracy while being able to adapt to any circumstance for effective intraoperative care. They will be responsible for supervising CRNAs and following all established policies and procedures in accordance with standards while maintaining a safe operating room. Top candidates for this position show a willingness to learn and grow, displaying outstanding attention to detail while showing a desire to deliver the highest quality of patient care.
The anesthesiologist will be joining a private group servicing Insight's own hospital focusing on pain management, neurosurgery & orthopedic cases.
Anesthesiologist Job Responsibilities
- Use intravenous, local, caudal or spinal methods to administer sedation, nerve blocks, and pain medications during surgical and other medical procedures.
- Supervise patients and monitor their pain medications before, during, and after surgery; offset adverse complications or reactions; record amount and type of anesthesia as well as the patients’ conditions throughout procedures.
- Determine risk during medical procedures by taking medical histories, examining patients, and ordering diagnostic procedures like x-rays and laboratory tests; discuss with other healthcare professionals about the method and type of anesthetic to make patients numb to pain.
- Provide and sustain airway management and life support during emergency surgery.
- Monitor patients post-surgery and determine when they are stabilized enough to move to another room or go home.
- Manage anesthesiological services and coordinate with other professionals to formulate procedures and plans; direct the duties of medical technicians, nurses, and other healthcare support staff.
- Educate patients and families on post-procedure care and possible complications; instruct on different ways to prevent disease and improve health.
- Manage all supervision, hiring, and scheduling of CRNA’s.
- Supervise all cases in multiple facilities including but not limited to Flint and Warren locations.
- Meeting with patients before medical procedures to discuss their medical history and lifestyle.
- Assessing patients’ conditions through analysis of medical history.
- Explaining to patients the surgical process.
- Administering anesthesia and monitoring patient vital signs during medical and surgical procedures, and making appropriate adjustments in anesthesia to ensure patient comfort.
- Monitoring patient vital signs and pain management after surgical and medical procedures to ensure patient comfort.
- Maintaining patient records relating to their procedures and the type and amounts of medications given.
- Stay up to date on inventory and order supplies as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Doctor of Medicine degree with anesthesiology residency.
- Minimum of three years of experience as an anesthesiologist.
- Skilled at epidurals, spinals, and ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia.
- Experience in a supervisory position
- Excellent communication skills
- A degree in Medicine with a residency in Anesthesiology.
- Strong detail-oriented ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Need someone with an understanding of a high-paced efficient model.
- Ability to make quick decisions in a highly stressful environment.
- Monday through Friday 7 am to 3 pm
- Hours may vary depending on the surgery schedule and caseload.
- Offering competitive compensation with the opportunity for additional bonus incentives.
- Production bonus potential
- Earning potential for an established anesthesiologist is beyond $500,000 with a productivity model.
- Comprehensive benefits include health/dental insurance, including dependent coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, retirement plan and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
Anesthesiology Practice Highlights
- Join a Hospital with 3 OR rooms
- Supervise over 2 Full-Time CRNA's and a team of contingents
- Work in collaboration with colleagues in GI, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, and Pain Management, General Surgery, and more
- Electronic Health Records (EHR)
Apply for Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly