Chief Medical Officer- Houston, TX
We are seeking a(an) Chief Medical Officer with HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast to promote growth and unlock possibilities. At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Share your leadership skills and come make a difference with us!
We are committed to providing our executives the support they need. At HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
We are seeking a(an) Chief Medical Officer for our team to be an innovator. HCA Healthcare partners with Harvard Pilgrim Institute and the CDC to use our data from more than 26 million patient encounters each year to impact the industry. Come build your career with us!
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast has been a leader of medical care in Pasadena for more than 50 years. With board-certified physicians, registered nurses and expert technicians, the community has come to rely on us for top-quality, comprehensive and compassionate healthcare.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is a full-service acute care hospital and emergency room in Pasadena, Texas. Our 345-bed facility employs 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The role of the Facility Chief Medical Officer (CMO) ensures high quality, patient-centered care by leading clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital. The CMO provides senior-level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions, ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will facilitate the examination of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities and consults on an array of issues involving physicians
- You will contribute to overall hospital strategy and service line development to ensure quality management and promote optimum patient experience
- You will drive expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience
- You will work with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, medical staff, and Boards of Directors to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- You will represent medical staff viewpoints to management and relays management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians
- You will create a data-driven environment of quality and cost improvement
- You will develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings
- You will lead educational sessions and provides ongoing in-service programs to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities, in collaboration with the Chief of Staff or other clinical leadership in the facility
- You will serve as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for corporate, group, and facility-sponsored clinical initiatives
- You will collaborate with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities
- You will provide recommendations in the development and/or revision of hospital policies and procedures pertinent to the medical staff and medical staff affairs
- You will serve as a consultant to hospital Medical Staff Services regarding physician credentialing, utilization, and quality profiling
- You will serve as a member of hospital’s peer review committees as requested
- You will evaluates clinical appropriateness of new medical technologies and programs, and makes recommendations concerning the relevance of such technologies and programs to HCA hospitals including educating physicians on such technology
- You will consult with facility-level staff regarding delegated utilization management and disease management operations under managed care contracts. You will meet all regulatory/contractual/accreditation requirements associated with these functions
- You will serve as a clinical resource and consultant to hospital case managers and hospital staff in the reduction of payer denials and in the denial and appeals process, as requested by the Case Management Department and Patient Accounting Services
- You will serve as a key leader of the facility management team
- You will ensure clinical excellence is recognized and affirmed through quantifiable metrics in performance
- You will facilitate measurable improvement in physician and patient satisfaction
What qualifications you will need:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice required
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system preferred
- Current and clear medical licensure in any US state required
- Current or past Board Certification required
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for Chief Medical Officer- Houston, TX
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly