The University of Pittsburgh Department of Urology - Altoona is currently recruiting two full time general urologists - a practice leader and a new graduate to join its growing practice.
- Practice is located in spacious medical mall 1-1/2 miles from UPMC Altoona hospital
- Currently staffed with 2 physicians and 2 advance practice providers.
- Current practice includes general urology, cystoscopy, vasectomy, seeds, laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery, urodynamics, female urology, urologic oncology, CT scans.
- Current schedule for physicians includes 2 days in clinic, 2 days in OR, 1 day for administrative tasks, robotics or larger cases.
- Current call schedule is 1:3
About the Hospital
- UPMC Altoona has 12 ORs, a specialized cysto room, and a newly upgraded Da Vinci XI Robotic Surgical System in the hospital.
- The on-campus Ambulatory Surgery Center has 6 ORs
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level II trauma center, regional oncology center, and a Joint Commission-certified stroke center.
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, interventional neurology, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care
- The Health System s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- Hospital staff includes a 25-physician hospitalist team, a full-service intensivist staff and a team of interventional radiologists.
Competitive compensation package with generous sign-on bonus includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability Insurance
- Family Insurance Coverage
- Retirement Benefits
- Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance
- Generous CME allowance and PTO
Physician candidates must be board certified or eligible. J1 and H1 visa candidates are invited to apply.
About Our Community
Altoona is a small city surrounded by mountains in central Pennsylvania, with major northeast metropolitan areas within a 2 5 hour drive. Our region offers a friendly and uncomplicated way of life filled with cultural and recreational opportunities, where children can grow up in a safe and enriching community. Hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing are popular at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails. Big10 sports, national touring performing artists, and an active social scene are among the highlights of neighboring State College, home to Penn State s University Park campus.
The University of Pittsburgh Physicians Department of Urology is on the forefront of providing clinical services, innovative treatment strategies, and fundamental research for diseases of the male and female urinary tract and male reproductive organs. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to care, with our team of nationally recognized clinicians and researchers working together to offer the very latest in diagnostic and treatment options for urologic disease.
Christine Gildea, Director of Medical Staff Recruitment for UPMC Altoona at firstname.lastname@example.org / (814) 949-6131