LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER IN NEW ORLEANS
Department of Dermatology, is recruiting a dermatologist for its Baton Rouge location. Appointment will be made at the academic rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (non-tenure, clinical track) depending on qualifications. The position is available immediately.
1. Terrific salary
2. Comprehensive benefits-outstanding retirement package for faculty working 75% time or greater
3. Part-time position is negotiable
4. Primary focus on supervision of 5 dermatology residents in the spacious outpatient clinics
5. Resident first call for consults at nearby Our Lady of the Lake Hospital
6. Low inpatient consult volume
7. Join a great team of dermatologists and residents
8. Our dermatology residency is ranked as one of the best programs at LSUHSC
• BC/BE in Dermatology
• Licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana before hire date
Located on the bank of the Mississippi River, LSU’s undergraduate campus and LSU Healthcare Baton Rouge are located 75 miles west of New Orleans via Interstate-10. Baton Rouge is a growing city. LSU is firmly planted in the middle of town and college students can be found everywhere. The flagship school has an enrollment of 30,000, over 12 colleges, and 350 school organizations. There are many cultural events on and off the campus, and Saturday nights at Tiger Stadium are simply exhilarating.
The medical complex in Baton Rouge is impressive including LSU Health Baton Rouge, Our Lady of the Lake, the premiere 800 bed hospital, a Children’s Hospital under construction, and Pennington Biomedical Research with 63 researchers in neuroscience, stem-cell biology, skeletal mobility biology, statistical genetics, diabetes behavioral modification, eating disorders and other areas. Baton Rouge has an excellent elementary through high school system and many beautiful housing communities. Come enjoy a rewarding life as a LSU dermatologist in a terrific city.
Qualified applicants should submit a CV and cover letter online: https://lsuh.sc/jobs/?id=3514
The LSUHSC School of Medicine in New Orleans encourages women and minority candidates to submit applications for this position. The School of Medicine does not participate in sponsoring faculty candidates for the Department of Health and Hospital’s Conrad 30 program
LSU Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.