Vice Chair of Faculty Development
NYU Langone Health, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking a Vice Chair of Faculty Development. The purpose of this role is to further support faculty career development and engagement within the department. The position has oversight for the Mentoring Executive Committee, integration of the NYULH mentorship program, and responsibility for developing innovative programs for academic progression and wellness. Other responsibilities are listed below. This administrative role reports directly to the Department Chair, and serves on the Department Executive Committee. The role provides for 0.2 FTE of administrative leadership effort, which is approximately one day per week, and the remainder of the Vice Chair’s time will be dedicated to clinical care.
- Lead the Mentoring Executive Committee in establishing mentor pairings for faculty and overseeing an interdepartmental mentoring process focused on the academic and professional development.
- Serve on the Department Promotions Committee, and meet with individual faculty at years 1 and 3 to review promotion materials, and provide guidance to faculty at different stages in their career in collaboration with the Vice Chair of Research.
- Coordinate with Chair and Division Directors to ensure new faculty are appointed on the best track for their present and future academic goals
- Lead efforts to promote faculty/staff wellness, recruitment and retention.
- Provide individual career support to department faculty as indicated.
- Collaborate with the Vice Chair of Education on quarterly Faculty Development activities based on the needs identified through surveys of faculty, as well as reports from student, resident and fellow education programs.
- Collaborate with the Vice Chair of Research in connecting faculty to appropriate research and funding opportunities and partners.
- Identify appropriate internal and external career development program offerings to develop faculty skills and encourage faculty retention.
- Supervise the Academic Society Directors in creating social activities and networking opportunities within the department.
Candidates must be Board certified and demonstrate a strong commitment to patient care as well as trainee education. Applicants should have successfully completed a U.S. Accredited OB/GYN Residency training program and have a New York State Medical license. Applicants may be specialists in academic general obstetrics and gynecology.
Interested candidates should apply online through https://apply.interfolio.com/90205. Cover letter and CV are required.
Apply for Vice Chair of Faculty Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly