Division Chief of Pediatric Anesthesia: BCH Oakland
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care is seeking a Chief of the Division of Pediatric Anesthesia at Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland (BCH Oakland). The division chief will lead a group of faculty, emphasizing high-quality, patient-centered perioperative care with a focus on evidence-based medicine. This outstanding opportunity lets you join an established Anesthesia Department with a national reputation of excellence in education, research, and perioperative care. This is a faculty appointment with a premier academic anesthesia department.
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals have been recognized among the nation's best pediatric medical centers in all 10 specialties assessed in U.S. News & World Report's annual survey of Best Children's Hospitals for 2021-2022.
The division chief will provide leadership for approximately 23 faculty members working at BCH Oakland and support the department's mission in patient care, research, education, and public service. The division chief reports to the Anesthesia Department Chair. The anesthesia faculty participate as a team that includes more than 200 faculty, 99 residents, 51 CRNAs, and over 20 research-trainees and fellows. The department has essential roles in patient care outside of the operating rooms, with active participation in ambulatory care, acute and chronic pain, critical care, and the preoperative clinic at a level 1 pediatric trauma hospital.
- Oversee delivery of clinical care provided by division and ensure quality of care, access, on-call, and clinic schedule
- Account for BCH division's financial and productivity performance and define clinical productivity standards and benchmark for division
- Develop strategy to retain and develop academic and clinical skills of existing faculty and conduct annual performance review as well as plan for promotion
- Give input into recruitment, hiring, and promotion of division faculty
- Participate in resident and medical student education and ensure compliance with ACGME
- Participate in health system committees and/or program strategy development
- Establish and monitor cross-bay/integration goals and targets
- Foster achievement of goals
Vibrant Oakland, California, offers an urban-suburban feel with plenty of nightlife, diversity, great restaurants, and historic downtown with Victorian architecture and boutiques. Part of the San Francisco Bay Area, Oakland is close to Wine Country, waterfront towns, beaches, and Silicon Valley. Surrounded by natural beauty and breathtaking views, you'll enjoy a remarkable quality of life in Northern California.
- Easy access to San Francisco and surrounding Bay Area
- Consistent sunshine year-round and endless opportunities to explore the great outdoors—hiking, biking, fishing, paddle boarding, camping, and much more
- Close to Napa and an array of beautiful wineries
- Niche rates Oakland an A+ in nightlife and diversity
- Endless amenities, including incredible shopping and dining options, an international airport, and professional sports teams
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Jay Torio at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-406-0269 and reference PAN-134493