Section Chief of Rheumatology
The Department of Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) is searching for a dynamic, experienced, future-oriented academic Rheumatologist to become the new Chief of the Section of Rheumatology. The new Section Chief will lead Rheumatology s ambulatory clinical operations, which provide a variety of outstanding ambulatory services at Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Lebanon, NH. As the only academic medical center in New Hampshire, providers in the Section of Rheumatology strive to use evidence-based therapies for the clinical care of patients with rheumatic diseases. Teaching and research are core parts of our mission and we are engaged in teaching fellows. We have a robust clinical trials program and we also perform basic science research.
This section has a total of 10 physicians, 3 advanced practice professionals (nurse practitioners and physician assistants), and a dedicated team of nurses, medical assistants and administrative personnel. The chief collaborates with a Practice Manager and Nurse Manager to lead and manage clinical operations. There are more than 12,000 outpatient visits per year.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mid-level to senior Rheumatologist with past leadership experience in the areas of ambulatory medicine, practice management, teaching, and mentoring faculty members. It is expected that the strong applicant would be able to provide dynamic leadership for our engaged providers and support staff as they continue to optimize the quality and efficiency of their team-based outpatient services, and would be eligible for academic appointment at the level of Associate or full Professor of Medicine at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
What the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic has to offer you:
- An established and growing patient base
- A collegial work environment with all medical and other specialists and subspecialists available on campus
- Strong ties to our medical school (3 miles away) and our affiliated VA Medical Center (6 miles away)
- A national reputation for quality at our Hospital, Medical School, and affiliated Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Dedicated CME time and funds
- Funds available to the section chief to develop his or her section
What our location in the Heart of New England has to offer you:
- Four beautiful and distinct seasons to enjoy
- Local access to mountains, hiking trails, lakes, bike routes, and winter sports venues
- Easy access to Manchester and Boston airports and major airlines
- Superb cultural opportunities locally in art, theater, and music at Dartmouth s Hopkins Center and other local venues
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health is a nationally recognized health system, serving patients across New England. A national leader in patient-centered care and quality improvement, we work with our partners to help create a more sustainable health system for our region. Founded in 1893, our system now includes New Hampshire s only Level 1 trauma center, its own air ambulance service, and the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 41 NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation. We also have the only Children s Hospital Association-approved comprehensive, full-service children s hospital in the state. As an Academic Health Center, D-H provides access to nearly 12,500 primary care doctors and specialists in our region in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research in many areas in the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
Letters of inquiry should be addressed to:
Richard I. Rothstein, MD
Chair, Department of Medicine
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
One Medical Center Drive Lebanon, NH 0375
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Rheumatology
- Must obtain and maintain a medical license and DEA registration in the State of NH
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are not accepting any J1 waiver candidates at this time.
Apply for Section Chief of Rheumatology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly