Nocturnist - Hospitalist
Optum / Tampa, Florida
Do what you love with people you love.
Life Changing Work
Want to bring your passion to work and your practice to life? Looking for a team that looks out for you? Want to make a real difference in the lives you touch?
LOOK NO FURTHER.
We’re passionate about patients. We’re leading the state of Florida towards better healthcare practices. And we’re looking for amazing Nocturnist Hospitalists like you!
SERVE YOUR PATIENTS.
- A supportive environment: Work with a group that is physician-led, patient centered, and clinically focused. Embrace value-based care, drive quality measures, and work toward reducing healthcare costs while putting our patients first. We employ over 30 full-time Hospitalists in central Florida at this time.
- A robust healthcare system: We have 130 primary care and 40 urgent care locations throughout Florida.
- A nationwide family: You’ll have the full strength of Optum behind you, including our breakthrough research and our vast experience as a national leader delivering local care, with over 39,000 physicians in over 1,200 clinics.
LOVE YOUR TEAM.
- A community of care: We work together closely, laugh together readily, and support each other earnestly.
- A culture of collaboration: We partner within teams, across roles, and between physician leaders.
BECOME YOUR BEST.
- Balance: Very reasonable patient load with approximately 15 shifts/month.
- Professional development: Receive ongoing opportunities to build your skills and grow your career.
- A stunning hometown: Tampa Bay is a vibrant area with diverse cultures and rich history. You can enjoy professional sporting events, white sand beaches, numerous water sports, and a fantastic restaurant scene.
- An industry-leading package: We offer a competitive salary with, medical/dental/life insurance plans, CME allowance, paid malpractice insurance with tail, and other excellent benefits.
REQUIREMENTS / PREFERENCES
- MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school and completed residency in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Current Florida state license and DEA certificate required prior to start date
- Current Board Certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Prior Hospitalist experience preferred.
- Managed care experience a plus.
Ready to begin your life’s best work?
Apply today through this site!
Interested in exploring opportunities at one of our other care delivery groups within or outside of Florida? Check them out at https://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/optum/
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.