Medical Director Employer Services
OhioHealth Employer Services is hiring a Medical Director of Employer Services to oversee WorkHealth and Onsite & Wellness in Columbus, Ohio.
- This position will provide patient care, including treatment of initial injuries, follow-up care, independent medical examinations and surveillance, preplacement and other occupational medical services for Work Health clinics, onsite clinics, and Associate Health and Wellness as needed.
- In support of patient care for Employer Services, the hired physician shall, after consultation with Employer Services’ administration: determine and implement policies and procedures that direct the patient care goals of Employer Services; insure that all physician communications to Employer Services’ staff regarding patients, treatments, and medical records are appropriately documented; maintain a current knowledge of advancements in occupational healthcare; and assure that other physicians and Employer Services’ staff maintain a current knowledge base and an appropriate level of proficiency within their respective areas of responsibility.
- In support of the management of Employer Services, the physician shall: assist Employer Services’ administration and staff with the development of an annual budget, in cooperation with Employer Services’ administration , assure compliance with federal state and local regulations and participate in any certification process for Work Health and onsite clinics and any other clinical program, and recommend to Employer Services’ administration the qualifications necessary for the admission of other providers to the staff of Employer Services.
- The Physician shall supervise the operation of Work Health and the care provided to patients of Work Health in such a manner as to assure the proper selections of procedures and maintenance of adequate quality control programs in compliance with the requirements of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, and the American Medical Association and all other appropriate public or private licensing or accrediting organizations.
- Physicians must be board certified in either Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Occupational Medicine. 5-10 years of clinical experience in occupational or employee health preferred. Experience in wellness and fitness programs, acute care for all ages and clinical compliance programs. Leadership experience including leading physicians and APPs, working collaboratively with other directors and networking outside of OhioHealth Employer Services.
Enjoy the stability of employment along with highly competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance, and student loan reimbursement.
Partnering for Healthcare Excellence Today and in the Future
Today’s complex healthcare environment requires physicians and hospitals to work together to achieve excellence in clinical quality, patient safety and service quality. One of the ways we achieve that kind of partnership is through the OhioHealth Physician Group (OPG), a medical group of OhioHealth physicians, advanced practice providers and associates.
We value the expertise of our strong physician network. We seek out your ideas for improving the patient experience and implement them. It’s one of the reasons why we are regularly ranked in the top 10 percent of Press Ganey’s hospital experience survey, which measures physician engagement and satisfaction.
You can contribute to a culture that has repeatedly made OhioHealth one of the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For.” And you can collaborate with MD Anderson Cancer Network-certified physicians, use telemedicine to seek the real-time advice of experts across the system, be a part of our state-of-the-art Neuroscience facility, Level 1 Trauma Center or Primary Stroke Center, or find your fit in any of our ambulatory or specialized care sites across the central region of the state.
We Never Stop Learning
At OhioHealth, we want to do more than support the careers of our physicians — we want to grow their talents and help them reach their highest aspirations. We see your education not as an expense, but as a strategic investment in the health system.
We know growth isn’t limited to just education, so we rely on the voices and leadership of our physicians. We have Clinical Guidance Councils, a Physician Diversity Workforce Group, and the OhioHealth Physicians Leadership Institute to help you lead, grow and innovate in all facets of your career.
We Want to Talk About Your Future
Columbus is one of the top locations in the country for young professionals, with a mix of big-city amenities and small-town affordability. OhioHealth offers a wide range of professional experiences in communities throughout central and southeast Ohio, giving you the opportunity to find the perfect fit for your family and your career.
Apply for Medical Director Employer Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly