Orthopedic Hand Surgeon Faculty Physician
University of Minnesota
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full-time academic orthopedic surgeon with a subspecialty interest and expertise in both clinical practice and hand surgery to be hired at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Professor, on the academic or clinician track.
About the Appointment:
- The ideal candidate will have a subspecialty interest and expertise in hand surgery, including hand trauma.
- Responsibilities include patient care at M Health Fairview UMMC, Regions, and possibly other M Health Fairview and Healthpartners affiliated sites.
- Position includes teaching opportunities in the Minnesota Hand Surgery Fellowship, as well as teaching responsibilities for residents and medical students.
- Surgeon would take approximately 30 nights of hand call per year at Regions Level 1 trauma center, including replant/microvascular call (no general orthopedic surgery call).
- Additional clinical practice through MPhysicians, and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly and education work in the candidate’s area of specialty/research experience with a goal of developing collaborative or independent, externally funded research.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, plastic and orthopedic surgery residents, hand fellows, and faculty.
About the Department:
Our faculty and physicians are passionate about providing excellent patient care. From the reconstruction of joints to treating sports injuries, the experts within our University of Minnesota Department of Orthopedic Surgery cover the gamut of focus areas. We're also preparing the next generation of orthopedic surgeons through world-class education and training programs with a heritage of over 75 years of experience.
This year, Mpls.St.Paul Magazine’s 2020 “Top Doctors: Rising Stars” included 94 University of Minnesota Physicians doctors across 35 specialties.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Orthopedic Surgery residency
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME hand fellowship training
- Board eligible/certified orthopedic surgeon
- Board eligible/certified in added qualifications in hand surgery
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Apply for Orthopedic Hand Surgeon Faculty Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly