Do you want to grow your career at one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals? St. Luke s University Health Network is seeking two new BC/BE Gastroenterologist to join our growing team of 32 young and dynamic physicians. Our team is shaping the future of gastroenterology services in the region through the development of new and innovative programs and brand-new state of the art endoscopy centers. Positions are available in beautiful Lehighton and Coaldale, Pennsylvania where you will experience a culture immersed in innovation, while supporting a vibrant local community.
St. Luke s is always growing and innovating. The existing St. Luke s Lehighton Campus is being replaced by a brand-new, state-of-the-art campus slated to open in late 2021. Leadership of this new St. Luke s Carbon Campus are highly motivated to hire talented providers and invest in gastroenterology services. This position provides a unique opportunity to grow the Network s presence in community markets excited about our high-quality care using a new hospital campus as a catalyst.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, loan forgiveness and generous CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- A St. Luke s family that will help you adapt to the new region.
- In addition to patient care, the department also supports and trains medical students, internal medicine residents and gastroenterology fellows.
- Our team conducts clinical research and participates in industry- and NIH-sponsored as well as investigator-initiated research and serves as Faculty at the Temple / St. Luke s School of Medicine.
- We utilize Olympus scopes which provide a comprehensive offering to meet every gastroenterology procedural need.
- Collectively, the team delivers over 43,000 annual visits and performs about 30,00 procedures.
- St. Luke s gastroenterology practices enjoy the support of a large health network with appropriate levels of autonomy allowing each practice to establish its unique identity while receiving referrals from our loyal Primary Care Physician Groups.
- To learn more about our St. Luke s Gastroenterology program, please visit https://www.slhn.org/gicareers
St. Luke s Lehighton Campus Lehighton, PA
St. Luke's Lehighton Campus is a 120-bed community hospital located in Lehighton, PA. St. Luke s Lehighton Campus features advanced inpatient and outpatient services along with specialty services in the Hospital and surrounding Outpatient and Care Now locations. Patients benefit from emergency room services, surgical services, adult and older adult behavioral health services, radiology & lab services and more.
Lehighton is in Pennsylvania s Carbon County and is less than a twenty-minute drive to the popular tourist town, Jim Thorpe. The Pocono Mountains and the Appalachian Trial allow for endless outdoor activities surrounded by beautiful scenery. The new St. Luke s Carbon Campus is immediately off the Northeast Extension of the PA Turnpike. Major cities such as Philadelphia and New York are only a short drive away.
St. Luke s Miners Campus Coaldale, PA
St. Luke s Miners Campus is a high performing, team-oriented rural 49-bed hospital that is part of the St. Luke s University Health Network. The Miners Campus provides unique clinical and educational leadership opportunities, a collegial work environment, and the ability to make a genuine impact in patient and community health. Facilities include a state-of-the-art emergency department, Level IV Trauma Center, technologically advanced in-patient unit and a full complement of integrated specialty, therapy and primary care services. The campus is located just west of the Pocono Mountains, with short drives to New York and Philadelphia.
Schuylkill County is a popular destination which offers dining, shopping, and outdoor focused activities for those looking to get out and enjoy and explore! This community features Three State Parks, Seven Campgrounds, the Appalachian Trail, the Little Schuylkill River, Sweet Arrow Lake County Park and Hawk Mountain Sanctuary.
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke s created the Lehigh Valley s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
*We do not sponsor visas
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke s University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke s is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.
Apply for Gastroentertologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly