Medical Director Internal Medicine - Intermountain Healthcare
Leadership opportunity available for a patient-centric Internist to make a vital impact on internal and geriatric medicine physicians, advanced practice providers, clinics, and patients throughout the Intermountain West. Internists at Intermountain Healthcare are on the frontlines of providing excellent patient care in an affordable way; this physician leader will continue to lead these ventures.
The Medical Director (MD) of Internal Medicine is a system-wide physician executive who provides leadership and strategic clinical direction for Internal Medicine in our Medical Group Service Line, and state and community health participation within Intermountain Healthcare. The MD will work in conjunction with the clinical program operations director, MG service line director, and community health to ensure that patients receive the right care and services in the least restrictive environment ensuring quality, service excellence and cost effective care.
To realize these aims, the MD will need to:
- Develop and operationalize clinical strategic vision in areas of safety, quality, patient experience, equity, access, and stewardship in our internal medicine and geriatric clinics.
- Enhance and build close, collaborative relationships across the system to cultivate a community of mutual respect across programs and departments.
- Emphasize practical, value-oriented, person-centered care.
- To ensure patient focus and clinical skills are maintained, this leader will also have opportunity to provide direct patient care in one of our internal medicine clinics in the Salt Lake, Utah area.
- Physician leader in internal and geriatric medicine
- Support 15 clinics throughout Utah and Idaho, limited travel will be required
- Oversite of 85 physicians and 30 advanced practice providers
- Time commitment will be approximately 60% Administrative, 40% Direct patient care
A Successful Physician Leader in this area will exhibit the following:
- Be a mission-driven, caring thought leader.
- Be passionate about ensuring the physician’s voice is heard in all areas impacting their work and patient care.
- Hold board certification in Internal Medicine.
- Hold active Utah Medical Licensure or be eligible to obtain prior to hire.
- Extensive medical practice experience and excellent leadership skills.
- Sound understanding of modern health care economics and knowledge of financial principles.
- Three (3) years of successful medical leadership experience.
- Preferably have demonstrated leadership experience in a multi-clinic practice, a continuous improvement mindset, and a background in population health.
A comprehensive benefits package, including relocation assistance and performance incentives, will be available to the selected candidate.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 38,000 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Intermountain is viewed as a leader in transforming healthcare through high quality and sustainable costs.
Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.