Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
As a part of the OptumCare network, American Health Network is seeking an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon to join our growing team in Indiana with multiple practice locations available. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Start doing your life s best work.(sm) with the largest care delivery organization in the world.
- Perform surgery and examinations on the musculoskeletal system
- Use surgical as well as nonsurgical procedures in order to treat broken bones, dislocations, infections, trauma, diseases and injuries, as well as musculoskeletal reconstructions
- Provide care to orthopedic patients, perform medical examinations, plan for appropriate treatments and monitor the patient s progress
- Provide consultation services to other medical professionals and manage the entire orthopedic facility or department in order to make sure that the department is compliant with the state, local and federal regulation
- Diagnose, examine and treat skeletal diseases
- If treatment and medication plans do not work, perform surgery or replacements on the affected body part through the use of corrective equipment such as casts, splints and braces
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can t do it alone this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity
- Dedicated CME Time & Allowance
- Excellent PTO package
- Robust retirement package including employer funded contributions
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Physician partnership opportunities with OptumCare
About American Health Network:
At American Health Network, transforming the delivery of health care across the north central United States is our passion. Founded in 1994, we are an established multi-specialty, physician-led, integrated healthcare delivery system with 300 providers that care for over 250,000 patients throughout our 70 locations. We offer a full range of outpatient primary care and over 25 different specialties including comprehensive radiology services and urgent care. American Health Network is also committed to the provider experience and understand that the best path to better patient care is by ensuring that providers and staff are happy, engaged and productive.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. 2019 Optum Health & Technology. All rights reserved.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of (Indiana/Kentucky) or has (Indiana/Kentucky) application in process
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Job Keywords: Orthopedic Spine Surgeon, New Albany, IN, Indiana
Apply for Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly