Medical Director - Internal Medicine Services
Medical Director, Internal Medicine Service (IMS)
Are you looking to work at a Nationally recognized Best Places to Work? Here at Piedmont Healthcare we are looking for a Medical Director for our Piedmont Henry Hospital location. The ideal candidate will be committed to providing high quality and compassionate care to patients.
- Serve as the director of the Hospitalist program.
- Direct report to the System Chief of Hospital Medicine
- Represent the Hospitalist Service at the Directors Level at your facility.
- Actively participate in recruitment through screening the applicants, interviewing and onboarding.
- Play an active role in talent mentorship, development and retention.
- Conduct the 1:1 semi-annual provider professional development and coaching sessions.
- Coordinate Clinical Schedule for the Physicians/APPs and ensure coverage for any staffing gaps
- Contribute to business planning and strategic planning for Hospitalist Program, engage with the leadership on opportunities around billing, coding, innovative approaches to care, shifts structure, workflow optimization and cost control.
- Serve as physician liaison between Hospitalist Service, the Hospital Administration, Medical Staff and the facility departments.
- Lead the monthly hospitalist meeting to ensure issues are addressed and the providers have the opportunity to provide input and prospective.
- Be an example of clinical excellence and a champion of the quality program at the hospital and PHC.
- Develop, coach and align providers to achieve the quality and safety metrics.
- Maintain the monthly IMS quality dashboard (That includes but not limited to chart review, note integrity, standard templates use, handoff, etc.)
- Be the first line of escalation with issues related to the hospitalist service
- Represent or delegate the voice of the providers in the hospital meetings
- In conjunction with the CMO, determine which hospital committees and meetings will have Hospitalist presence
- Assure hospitalist representation
- Communicate the outcomes of those meetings to the Hospitalist group
- In conjunction with the entity CMO, align the priorities of the hospital with those of the hospitalists
- Piedmont Balanced Scorecard metrics
- Promise Packages
- Safety Program
- Other programs, to be jointly determined.
- Participate in community events and outreach at the request of the facility and the health care System.
- Contribute to and promote patient-centered care by setting expectations and modelling a good behavior for patient experience
- Work collaboratively with the ER Medical Director, Case Manage Director and Nursing directors and ancillary departments directors to maximize efficiency and improve throughput
- Focus on patient safety practices
- Ensure compliance with the practice legal and regulatory policies.
- Actively participate in the program development and strategic growth of the hospitalist service by engaging the administrative and medical staff leadership in
- Maintain active membership in Society of Hospitalist Medicine
- Monthly meeting with the System Chief of Hospital Medicine and the Director of Physicians Operations.
- Active participation in the monthly IMS leadership counsel.
The hospitalist service is a dynamic specialty with constant change in the responsibilities and scope of services provided. The medical director leadership is crucial to the hospital and the physician enterprise, as such the job description may evolve overtime based on the system initiatives and priorities.
To be considered for this opportunity email Amy.Wilson@piedmont.org
Apply for Medical Director - Internal Medicine Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly