This is an employed civilian Physician Pathology position that affords job security, a competitive base salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, 2 weeks paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit and a first-class health and retirement benefit package. We are seeking ordinary people with extraordinary hearts to care for our men and women in uniform, their families and veterans.
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital is a 120-bed community hospital. Our priority at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital is to provide safe, quality and compassionate care to our nation’s heroes – for whom this state-of-the-art hospital was built. From our warfighters, to our spouses and children back home, to our retirees, we are one team dedicated to ensuring all our nation’s heroes receive world-class medical care in a Culture of Excellence. Starting with our hospital campus on Fort Belvoir to our satellite health centers in Fairfax and Dumfries, we are committed to provide each beneficiary with an outstanding patient experience through safe, quality, compassionate care, every day. We’re committed to operational readiness and outstanding customer service.
Fort Belvoir is located in Fairfax County in the Commonwealth of Virginia approximately 45 miles south of Washington, DC and is the home to 130 federal agencies from all military components as well as all other federal organizations. Two geographical landmarks in the immediate area are Great Falls National Park and Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington, the first president of the United States. Fort Belvoir is situated half way between Washington, DC and Richmond, VA providing countless tourist attractions that include historical locations, national parks, monuments, museums, theatres and of course, the White House and Congressional buildings.
As a Physician (Pathology) you will:
- Perform surgical procedures to gross surgical specimens from surgical, radiological, and other invasive procedures; renders expert gross and microscopic diagnoses; and performs frozen section evaluations as requested.
- Ensure that the performance specifications for new tests, instruments, and methods introduced to the laboratory have been properly validated or verified prior to being used for patient testing.
- Provides analysis of studies to augment surgical and clinical specimens and studies to help complete or clarify the diagnosis of a disease.
- Furnishes advice and assistance to members of the subspecialty on professional matters and makes suggestions concerning the scope of contemplated research studies, approaches to follow, and suitability of available material.
- Serves as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team comprised of other physicians and ancillary staff.
- Ensures proficiency testing, alternative assessment, and quality control procedures are sufficient for the extent of testing performed in the laboratory.
- Ensures the implementation of new medical standards and policies; and provides authoritative medical competency in evaluating and correlating medical evidence with regard to the impact of disease or injury on various medical conditions.
- Oversees and teaches other health care providers (physicians, residents and medical students).
- Provides expert lectures to medical students, residents, fellows and practitioners about pathology and speaks at scientific meetings on a national and international level.
- Comprehensive knowledge in pathology, general medicine, emergency medicine and the basic sciences to include anatomy, chemistry and pharmacology to act as authoritative consultant on very complicated diagnostic and treatment problems with responsibility for recognizing rare and difficult to identify symptoms.
Mission essential with a rotating on call schedule
US Citizenship required
Must possess a current, active, full and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Clinical Pathology and Anatomic Pathology certification required.
Apply for Physician (Pathology)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly