- Incumbent will be required to maintain a workload. This will include successful interpretation, implementation and dictation of imaging exams, with learners present in many occasions.
- The physician(radiologist) provides professional guidance for all necessary diagnostic radiology services to include general and cardiac nuclear medicine and PET/CT as well as body imaging applications of MRI, CT, plain films, ultrasound, and fluoroscopy utilizing oral and IV contrast technique. Other skills required include all areas of plain film radiography and vascular, small parts and general ultrasound. Desirable skills include breast imaging, musculoskeletal applications of CT and MRI.
- The incumbent provides reading, interpretation and submission of radiology reports in PACS as required by the VA. Teaching skills are expected as we participate actively in the education if the radiology residents from Augusta University(AU).
- The incumbent will also be expected to pursue a clinical appointment at AU, our affiliate institution. the incumbent may participate in AU multidisciplinary academic radiology case conferences, didactic radiology resident curriculum preparation and presentation as well as direct radiology resident teaching, evaluation and supervision.
Not requiredSupervisory status
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
To qualify for this position applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement 12/31/2021.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Moderate lifting (15-44 pounds), light lifting (under 15 pounds), moderate carrying (15-44 pounds), light carrying (under 15 pounds), pushing 4 hours, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, both hands required, walking 2 hours, standing 8 hours, near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other, hearing (aid permitted), mental and emotional stability.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician-Radiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly