UPMC Pinnacle has an exciting opportunity for a general neurosurgeon to expand clinical services in central Pennsylvania and play an integral role in providing high quality, compassionate care. UPMC Pinnacle is listed in Healthgrades 100 best hospitals for neurosurgery in 2021.
- Care provided at three community-based hospitals within 15 minutes drive of one another.
- Certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center, our expert teams are available 24 hours a day at our dedicated stroke units.
- Strong clinical relationship with other disciplines including neurology, EMU, hospitalists, medical and radiation oncologists, orthopedics, and primary care.
- Outpatient practice settings established on hospital campuses with ACP, nursing, clerical, and billing/coding support.
- EEG and EMGs available in office settings. Imaging/lab available within the same buildings.
- System-wide Epic electronic medical record
- Board certified/board eligible
- Committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care to patients
- Team-oriented with the ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate clinical outcomes.
- Willing to provide education to community and referral sources, as requested.
- Competitive base salary plus incentive bonus
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Relocation allowance
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
About Our Community
Southcentral Pennsylvania offers endless possibilities: city excitement, rural respite, and suburban family life and community can all be found here. Enjoy excellent work-life balance with easy commutes to work. In addition to fabulous dining, we offer an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. We are close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous HersheyPark and Hershey s Chocolate World.
The area offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania s top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia - it s a great place to grow a career and family.
Listed among Forbes.com America s Most Livable Cities, and ranked in U.S. News & World Report s Best Cities to Live, we are a two to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Apply for General Neurosurgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly