Wound Care Opportunity
St. Joseph's Health has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Board Certified Wound Care physician located in Syracuse, New York.
We are seeking a physician who impacts the lives of an underserved, growing patient population of over 6.5 million individuals. We’re proud to set the standard in our field, boasting the largest wound database on the planet: the foundation for wound care research and development, worldwide. Our Wound Care Physicians enjoy a collaborative community, supported by technology for innovative care solutions, as well as passionate Regional Medical Directors and visionary leadership, including our Chief Medical Officer: the founder of the first wound healing and tissue repair fellowship in the United States, Dr. William Ennis.
The selected candidate will work in an office setting, 3 days/week seeing approximately 30 patients/day and will provide cross coverage for office call.
You would be a perfect fit as a Physician for the team if you are: a strong leader, a pioneer, collaborative, energetic, driven, experienced and empathetic. The selected candidate will be SJH employed with a Healogics partnership.
Wound Care physician job responsibilities include:
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Participate in regional and national conference(s) related to wound care improvement or new wound care information.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.e., medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.) to enhance the visibility of the WCC® and support local medical and community education and awareness.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Act as a spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
- Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations.
Wound Care Physician education and experience requirements include: MD or DO, must be Board Certified and a DEA License.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Wound Care physician to join a comprehensive medical group.
St. Joseph's Health offers a comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
- Base Salary + RVU bonus
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid vacation
- CME with allowance
- 403(b) Plan and 457(b) Plan
ABOUT THE FACILITY
St. Joseph's Physicians is an affiliate of St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center. As the leading comprehensive medical practice in Central New York, St. Joseph's Physicians is evolving as a role model for excellence in primary care delivery across the region.
Committed to advancing the "medical home," St. Joseph's Physicians is an NCQA certified Patient Centered Medical Home. Our integrated approach links the physician with the St. Joseph's system of services to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality of medical care—all under one system. The "broader system" is the full spectrum of care from the primary physician's office, to the specialist's office, to the hospital and its associated services.
We have always viewed the delivery of quality, accessible healthcare to be our mission. With more than 70 providers and mid-level practitioners and over 600 employees dedicated to the delivery of quality, accessible healthcare to Syracuse-area residents. On a typical day, St. Joseph's Physicians sees approximately 1,200 patients. Most of these patients will be able to address many of their medical needs without ever leaving our offices.
St. Joseph’s Health is a non-profit regional health care system based in Syracuse, NY, providing services to patients throughout Central New York and northern Pennsylvania. From primary to specialty to home care, to our Magnet-recognized hospital, and in collaboration with our community partners, St. Joseph’s is advancing the health of the communities we serve through an expanding range of services to ensure our patients achieve optimum health. Ranked by Consumer Reports among the top 15 heart surgery centers in the country, U.S. News “Best Regional Hospital” and a 15-time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice award, St. Joseph’s is widely recognized for quality, value and delivering the highest patient satisfaction.
St. Joseph's Health is affiliated with St. Joseph's Physicians and is part of Trinity Health one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the United States. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan, a Catholic national health care system located in Livonia, Michigan.
Syracuse, New York is located in the center of New York State.
St Joseph’s Health is less than 10 minutes away from the Syracuse Hancock International Airport. Syracuse's top employers are primarily in higher education, research, health care, and services; some high-tech manufacturing remains. University Hill is Syracuse's fastest growing neighborhood, fueled by expansions by Syracuse University and Upstate Medical University (a division of the State University of New York), as well as dozens of small medical office complexes.
The City of Syracuse maintains over 170 parks, fields, and recreation areas, totaling over 1,000 acres (4.0 km2). Burnet Park includes the first public golf course in the United States (1901) and Rosamond Gifford Zoo. Other major parks include Thornden Park, Schiller Park, Sunnycrest Park, Onondaga Park and Kirk Park. There are 12 public pools, two public ice rinks, and two public nine-hole golf courses in the city.
Right outside the city proper, along the east side and north end of Onondaga Lake, is Onondaga Lake Park. The adjacent Onondaga Lake Parkway is closed to vehicular traffic several hours on Sundays during the summer months, so it can be used for walking, running, biking, and rollerblading. During the holiday season, the park hosts Lights on the Lake, a two-mile (3.2 km) drive-through light show.
Apply for Wound Care Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly