Primary Care Medical Director
Primary Care Medical Director Opportunity- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Clinical skill & team player
- Passion to serve & ability to embrace our tribal health mission
- Sense of Adventure: providers fly quarterly to small rural Alaska villages
- Previous Peace Corps, Medical Missions or Cross-Cultural healthcare experience
- Beautiful new award winning tribal health super clinic
- Come serve in a busy mission driven supportive team setting
- Family friendly university community
- Live 2 hours from Denali National Park
- Cross-cultural tribal and rural health
- Exciting time of growth and expansion
- Opportunities for mentoring, collaboration and advancement
- Exceptional benefits
- 80 hours and $5K annual CME
- Salary DOE
- Signing bonus
- Options for student loan repayment
The Tanana Chiefs Conference is now hiring for a Primary Care Medical Director at Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center--an award winning cultural super clinic located in Fairbanks--Interior Alaska's urban hub. The Fairbanks based clinic is itself a hub that serves the larger mission of supporting health and wellness to Indian Health Service beneficiaries--Alaska Natives and American Indians, as well as many non-beneficiaries, in 42 villages across the river systems of the Interior (Yukon, Koyukuk, Kuskokwim, Tanana and more). This 235,000 square mile region is the home of the Tanana Chiefs Conference.
Tanana Chiefs Conference is looking for a Primary Care Medical Director that has proven clinical, organizational & people skills and embodies respect, humility and cultural sensitivity. We are looking for a candidate with both clinical skill and passion to share our vision and serve our families, friends and neighbors--physicians that want to become part of our communities and grow to love Alaska and its peoples. Candidate must be willing to fly to remote clinic locations quarterly by small twin-engine aircraft.
- Graduate from accredited U.S. medical school, successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency program. Medical Doctor must be licensed to practice in the State of Alaska. Completion of primary care residency strongly preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience as a staff physician.
- Must be able to meet criteria for appointment to the clinical staff.
- Experience as a medical director in another setting preferred.
- Board certified in Family Practice or other primary care specialty.
- Staff privileges at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital must be granted and maintained.
- Must pass background check pursuant to federal Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Computer skills required with proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
The most innovative aspect of the clinic's design is its approach to caring for patients and families through an integrated-care model that emphasizes wellness over intervention and focuses on family-centered lifestyle changes. In this Patient-Centered Medical Home model, a highly-collaborative team of providers works together in an open space. Such teams — made up of doctors, nurses, medical assistants and specialists — care for entire families. The team learns about a family’s medical and non-medical issues, which ensures comprehensive prenatal to end-of-life care and support on the patient’s journey to optimal wellness. Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Women's Health (OBGYN & CNM), General Surgery, Psychiatry, Orthopedic PA, Radiology, Dentistry, Optometry, Lab, and Pharmacy are all services at the health center.
TCC Health Services Mission: TCC Health Services, in partnership with those we serve, promotes and enhances spiritual, physical, mental and emotional wellness through education, prevention and the delivery of quality services.
Apply for Primary Care Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly