Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135th Street in Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
- Anatomic pathology, sign out of cases, autopsy, and frozen section performance.
- Technical and patient related functions of the division
- Available for on sites, telephone, or hospital email consultation.
- Reviews and signs all procedure manuals and other documents required for the proper functioning of the section and gives final approval with the Director of Pathology.
- All difficulties encountered regarding patient test related by the supervisors are referred to the Pathologist for resolution and ensure that remedial action is taken.
- Conducts meetings with the supervisors and staff, to discuss laboratory technology, updates regulatory and administrative procedures and Continuing Medical Education programs.
- Participates in interdepartmental conferences and discusses laboratory issues when indicated. Issues/Comments raised by the providers are discussed with the laboratory supervisor.
- It is the duty and responsibility also to ensure that all policies are written in accordance with NYSDOH CAP regulations and requirements
- Must possess a valid updated certificate of qualification from the New York State Department of Health for the laboratory sections
- Board certified/ Board Eligible by American Board of Pathology in Anatomic/Clinical Pathology or both
- Active New York State medical license.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Columbia University academic appointment
- Clinical research opportunities
- Growth and leadership opportunities
- Flexible and equitable scheduling
- State of the art PACS with integrated EMR, Workflow Intelligence worklist, and concierge service for communication of critical values to referring providers.
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Pathologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly